Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• degree

what college degree is recommended over CJ

For what specifically? Not many departments require you to have a 4 yr degree. Some maybe just 60 credits.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Public administration, business administration, sociology, psychology, accounting, etc.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by kaiden
        Find out what language is needed for your city and focus on getting a degree in that language. That's my advice to any recruit.......

Good Advice! Go crazy and try and learn Farsi to open up even more doors...
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
          Public administration, business administration, sociology, psychology, accounting, etc.

K9
          Ya gotta be careful here. Accounting is usually a concentration of a business degree. Public administration (I have an MPA) is weak, mostly just evidence of a degree and not necessarily one possessive of utility. Sociology & psychology are both soft sciences, possibly indistingusihable from CJ. In fact, I would recommend CJ before any of the other soft sciences save econ & maybe poli sci.

You might just want to get a degree in social science, history, poli sci, or anthropology so that you could teach school should your career be cut short for whatever reason. Even a degree in liberal studies will allow one to become credentialed in multiple subjects (teaching K-8). But unless you have a plan in mind that indicates a change of careers requiring a specific degree, no degree other than one in math or a hard science is "better" than a BS in CJ if you're gonna stay in law enforcement. Even a degree in math or a hard science may not put you at an advantage. But having a sheepskin will.

Good luck,

JW

Comment

If you're getting a degree in CJ you have to have atleast a Masters to do anything with it outside of LE. I have an Associates in CJ and I plan on getting a Bachelors in the same (minor in Sociology)...though I do plan on going straight through and getting my Masters/PhD.

Comment

Originally posted by Josey Wales
              But unless you have a plan in mind that indicates a change of careers requiring a specific degree, no degree other than one in math or a hard science is "better" than a BS in CJ if you're gonna stay in law enforcement. Even a degree in math or a hard science may not put you at an advantage.
              Disagree, as would many other officers.

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5376 users online. 302 members and 5074 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X