300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts please

i am 33 years old, I have a bachelors in cj, was a police reserve officer for 3 years, went to the academy and was hired part time at a great department. I worked as a Police Officer for 6 months and was then offered a project manager position with the construction co. I was working with full time. It meant a increase in pay, etc. I recently have applied for and have been invited to attend a assement center for my local P.D. I passed the physical with no problems. I guess my question here is am I to old to start back in this? I sure dont feel that old. Also can anyone give me pointers for the assessment center. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Unless you have a disability of some sort,there's no way you're too old. Between education ,job & life experience at your age you shouldn't have any real problems. Honesty & selling yourself in regards to what YOU can offer the P.D. is your best approach to success.

Comment

LifeStyle choice

Originally posted by simon
      i am 33 years old, I have a bachelors in cj, was a police reserve officer for 3 years, went to the academy and was hired part time at a great department. I worked as a Police Officer for 6 months and was then offered a project manager position with the construction co. I was working with full time. It meant a increase in pay, etc. I recently have applied for and have been invited to attend a assement center for my local P.D. I passed the physical with no problems. I guess my question here is am I to old to start back in this? I sure dont feel that old. Also can anyone give me pointers for the assessment center. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
      You are obviously qualified for the job. What it comes down to, in my opinion, is what you want to do for a living. Some people might decide that your current job is better for them, what with it's higher pay, holidays off, more normal hours, no fights, not having to deal with drunks, car crashes, domestic disturbances, gun calls, etc. Some of us like police work though, depite those things.

It's a lifestyle decision more than anything else. And listen, It's not an irreversible decision. If you decide it was a mistake, you can always go back to construction. Your not going to lose those skills. Good luck with your decision.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

My Thouhgts? Uh you ASKED... I hate the rain because people dont know how to drive, I LOVE snow but people drive WORSE in the snow. WHat that means is MORE REPORTABLE ACCIDENTS COMING UP. Uh Plus I wish I could lose 20 pounds and uh what else???
        OH thoughts on your background
        Too OLD??? NO WAY. I did 10 yrs, left and got hired by another department and Iam 3... HAHA thats a chick answer, Iam 36...
        I got nothing for now

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for helping me make my decsion. Guys like you are why I love law enforcement. I am going to kick butt in my assessment and take names.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6420 users online. 375 members and 6045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X