300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there were 4.....

After completing the written test, oral board interview, and physical agility test; I received a call today to schedule an interview with the chief. I asked how many applicants are still in the running. They informed me that there are only four left; they are hiring two officers. 50/50, not to bad!

How will this interview vary from the oral board interview, Is the dress attire the same (full suit)?

Thanks

i just went back for my second interview last week, and it was way different than the oral board. it was more of a conventional interview, "like a get to know you". the way i see it, the oral was to see how you think, this is more to see if the dep. wants you around. i wore a suit to mine, from what i've seen, that's pretty standard. Good luck to you.

Comment

ninerfan59,

Thanks for the reply. So I'm just going to sit down and and shoot the sht? lol

Comment

this is going to be a much more "relaxed" interview (not really, its the chief of police, but you get the idea)

He is going to ask you some questions to get to know you. Why do you wanna work for this dept? What did you do w/ yourself after high school? Do you like golf? stuff like that.

He may throw some scenerio questions at ya, but I doubt they'd be anything to difficult.

When I had my interview w/ the chief, I was offered the job about 30 min. later. this is your last chance to make a good impression.

Make sure your looking your best.. i mean your best!! everything from nose hairs to fingernails..shined shoes, pressed suit...the whole 9 yards..

this is it..you wont get another chance once you leave that room.

also, their may or maynot be other people there. Sometimes the city manager, township trustees, city council, etc.. may be in the interview room. make sure you are up on the city/town/county that you are interviewing for...check the website, etc..

greet everybody w/ a smile..look them in the eye when you shake their hands...

Best of Luck to ya!!
        ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Thanks scooterlee!

Lots of help

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3204 users online. 149 members and 3055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X