300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Beach, SC

Anyone have any info about this department? Specifically, how big they are (in officers) and what their physical agility test is like. I looked online but couldn't find anything. I saw the SCCJA's agility and it doesn't look too difficult, but I'm not sure if the individual departments would have harder tests or an equal one.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    Anyone have any info about this department? Specifically, how big they are (in officers) and what their physical agility test is like. I looked online but couldn't find anything. I saw the SCCJA's agility and it doesn't look too difficult, but I'm not sure if the individual departments would have harder tests or an equal one.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

Look here...http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/policedept.html
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
      I guess you missed the part where I said I checked online but couldn't find anything.

Comment

No saw what you stated slick...if you READ the website it says they have 250 personnel working for the police department. And theres even some phone #'s you can call....got what I am saying or do you see it?
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

No saw what you stated slick...if you READ the website it says they have 250 personnel working for the police department. And theres even some phone #'s you can call....got what I am saying or do you see it?
          I apologize. I looked for the PAT stuff, but forgot I talked about personnel in my post. Sorry about being a dick, my bad.

I still would like to find out how many sworn personnel they have. I know they hire detention officers and have some people on the admin end of things, also. I'm from "up north" so the idea of a police department maintaining a detention facility bewilders me.
          Last edited by EMTFirefighter; 10-05-2005, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Ok, they say, again, The department has more than 240 officers and staff and provides a wide range of protection and enforcement services. Now as far as you being confused as to why a police department could/or does run a detention center, well in the south, a lot of small town departments have their own jails. So thats nothing new. How do you think NYC runs theres? Not by the Sheriff.

Comment

Ok, they say, again, The department has more than 240 officers and staff and provides a wide range of protection and enforcement services. Now as far as you being confused as to why a police department could/or does run a detention center, well in the south, a lot of small town departments have their own jails. So thats nothing new. How do you think NYC runs theres? Not by the Sheriff.
              "240 officers" - I'm sure they're including detention staff. As far as NYPD goes, they have temporary cells for holding and booking but prisoners are only there until picked up by the NYC Department of Correction, a completely seperate agency from the PD.

Comment

I just found it - 170 officers.

Comment

If you need to know anything about the area, just PM me. I live in MB and go to college here.

Comment

Originally posted by KHelton
                    If you need to know anything about the area, just PM me. I live in MB and go to college here.
                    or he could just call and get in touch with a recruiter lol
                    i mean is it that difficult?
                    if you have questions about the department, they have personnel within the department that get paid to answer them...
                    your wasting your time trying to argue with other officers, and you seem to be over looking information as well...
                    maybe a one on one discussion with a recruit will help

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3137 users online. 134 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X