300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need good advice

I graduated from a police academy two months ago. I have had two interviews. The first I failed. I am on the elegibility list for the seccond. I have my third oral board coming up in November.

My main concern is that going into oral boards I get nervous because I know the people on the pannel know so much more than me. When I get nervous I tend to look timid. People mistake this and think I am introverted, docile and even week. I am not. On the contrary, I am very outgoing and opinionated.

Please give me some suggestions on how to beat the nerves?
    A GOOD COP HOLDS THE MOST NOBLE CARREER IN EXISTENCE
    TRUE HERO, THANKYOU

just relax,, even though you have been through an academy, you still dont have street experience, right,, well they know that, there is a big difference between street experience v.s. book or classroom controlled enviroment experience. just relax and give them YOUR answer, not what you think they want to hear.

Comment

Two recommendations.

1. have a friend ask you some of the questions that you were asked on the interview. have him critique your body language, etc.

2. sit in front of a mirror and watch your body posture as you answer the questions out-loud. yes, you'll look crazy doing it, but it gives you a chance to critique yourself. you can also ask family and friends to sit in a "intimidating" manner, i.e. you at the end of the kitchen table and all of them around you. have them critique also.

above all, just think of the people asking you the questions as your friends. Take a deep breath, think about the answer and then respond..

good luck,
      ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4416 users online. 305 members and 4111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X