300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The process for me

This is dedicated to the Hiring process.
    I will update this thread if I am able to update my post each time something new takes place.

I am applying for Broward County Sheriff Office in Florida.
    I originally took the CJBAT back in 11/19/2003
    Last edited by scottybm; 11-09-2005, 05:14 PM.

One quick question. The departments that I have listed. Coconut Creek, Margate and Fort Lauderdale. From what I have been reading on a few of these forums people are saying that it is very difficult to get hired unless you have prior experience or military.
    I am 34 5

Comment

since your being scutinized for your driving record
      ya better find out what the other agencies disqual are for driving...

working in the jail, can only improve your skills dealing with the
      criminal element, if your 34 now and you keep hee hawing around,
      your gonna be 60 yrs old before you retire....
      remember bso and margate 6 yrs to vest yr pension, you'll
      be 40, then at age 55 yr gonna collect yr pension or go into the drop...

hurry up brother....time is going by...!

www.schackdaddy.com
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Thanks ftlaudcop for the heads up. If the other departments turn me down also, I will then try to get into the jail and see where that takes me.

Comment

Ok so now Fort Lauderdale has also turned my application down due to my driving history. Coconut Creek has me on the list but did not turn me down.
          There list works on points. If you have previous experience that gives you points, millitary and schooling also gives you points. And I am 13 on their list.

I am still now waiting on Margate. After I was turned down by 2 departments due to my driving history I went into the Margate PD and asked to speak with someone. I brought my driving history and asked if this is going to be a problem? They said that they have seen much worse but that it was not bad.
          and that I would make it to the oral interview.

Now is just the waiting game for them to call. I think that I am going to try Davie and Plantation too.

Comment

hey man sorry about your whole situation, everything will turn out fine i'm sure. its probably too late now, but you should have paid the extra cash to NOT have those tickets on your record....but the best of luck to you.

Comment

Yeah who knew.... I didn't even know that was an option. I am kicking myself just for speeding in the first place. And I do agree that things will work out. I will not give up and I will just keep at it. Thanks for the support.
              Scotty

Comment

Well just got a letter from Margate Police Department advising me that I have to be there for Dec 16 and will have a short writing exercise that must be completed befor the oral portion.

Anyone have an idea on this short writing exercise?

Comment

Wow. You've been through a lot. I was just interested reading your accounts. My experience with our PD's writing exercise was simple enough. BI told me they like to view your penmanship to make sure it's legible (and probably that you can spell and communicate clearly...but he didn't say that), to keep in your records. The exercise for me consisted of 5 or 6 questions that were simple but thought-provoking, like "why do you want to be a police officer?" "Discuss your previous work/school experience"...etc. One question was funny. I remember it was something like "Discuss what you know about law enforcement" (?!?!) The BI told me not to sweat over that one, that most coming in know very little...and it's more a 'philosophy' question. He said some people actually screw themselves over with these questions by revealing very strange things regarding how they think...things that likely wouldn't be revealed in an oral interview or confessed to a cop during the ride-along. You'll be fine.

Comment

Ok just got a new Oral Exam setup for the 27th at 915am. Hopefully this all will go well. Last time I had the oral exam I was very nervious. And the nerves took over me if you know what I mean. So I am trying to do some reading on advise on the oral for Margate Police Department. The last time I took it there were questions like. Why do you want to become a police officer, What live experiences have you had do you think will help you in this job, Have you ever managed people before. And define the work ethics... I must tell you that being as nervious as I was when that question was asked there must have been a full 15 seconds of silence. And that is a long time...grin.
                    I advised that I was nervious and then said. You mean as in morals and good judgement. They said yes and that most people do not even answer that question. Phew. And then asked me when in my personal life the the word ethics come into play. I think this time I am going to get a small recorder to take in my pocket and play it back later to see how nervious I am and to prepair myself for further interviews with Margate.
                    Well best of luck to me..
                    And good luck to all of you out there applying.
                    Scotty Moore

Comment

Just wanted

...to say good luck! I can empathize. I am in the process of applying as well, hang in there!
                      Now hold my hand and hold it tight,
                      I will not fail you here tonight,
                      For failing you, I fail myself,
                      And place my soul upon a shelf,
                      In Hell's Library without light,
                      I will not fail you here tonight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5628 users online. 318 members and 5310 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X