300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Issue

I applied with PBSO in Florida and passed my CVSA and my Psych. This is all back in July. So I call the sheriffs office on Friday, and ask them the status of my application, and if they needed any other info. And the lady tells me that I am out of the process, and that was it. My references all got the questionnaires. I am just a bit confused. I spoke with many other officers(one PBSO) and they all said if there is a question they call. I never heard from anyone, not even my BI(did not even know his/her name). I am hoping there was some kind of mix up.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks

Without

Without application, Without Driving Record, Without Criminal Case History, Without Job Record, Without Credit Bureau, Without Educational Background all in front ou us you can't get much opf an answer here.

Any Arrests
    Any Driving Record
    Any College
    Any Military Background
    Any Credit Issues
    Any Drug / Alcohol problems
    Any Medical Issues

What you ask was for help telling you why you were booted from the process and it's as if you handed us a blank piece of paper to draw a determination from.

Comment

Thanks, here is my history

Any Arrests
      No

Any Driving Record
      A few tickets, which they knew about

Any College
      4 year degree. no problem

Any Military Background
      No

Any Credit Issues
      No

Any Drug / Alcohol problems
      No

Any Medical Issues
      No

Comment

surfguy, you know for certain that you passed the CVSA and psych? If so, and the next step was the BI, then I would assume something came up that you didn't think was a big deal. I know I'm stating the obvious, but there are other factors that could be in play:

1. I know from some dept.'s I've applied to that even if you pass one part of the process, there's no gaurantee that you will move on to the next part. You seem to have a good background, but there is a chance that there were more qualified candidates. Haven't I read on this site before that there are some FL dept.'s that are extremely hard to get hired with unless you have previous LE experience?

2. Bad references or information will certainly get you DQ'ed, but omitting information will also get you DQ'ed. Did you make sure that you included all of your past addresses, all past jobs, etc? When a dept. says they want all of your information from 10 years back or back to age 16, they mean everything. Could one of your references have brought up something (even if it wasn't bad), that you failed to omit from your application - "Yeah, surfguy helped me out for a couple of months one summer on the farm." You could have forgotten details like a short-lived job where you were paid under the table. Just an example.

3. Sadly, sometimes folks get DQ'ed for no apparent reason. That happened to me 6 years ago. With that said, I think it's a good idea to try to get an explanation, though there is no gaurantee that you will. If you do ask for an explanation, make sure you do it professionally.

And last, but no least, if you are qualified and don't have any big, bad skeletons that you aren't telling us about , it may take applying to several agencies, but someone will pick you up. I am not a success story yet, but I am back in the process with the dept. that DQ'ed me, and I am also in the process with two other dept.'s, and I think I have a good chance with all three.

Good luck!
        Last edited by karpaasi; 10-02-2005, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I without a doubt passed the psych and the CVSA.
          Maybe I overlooked something like you said, but they got pretty in depth with the CVSA.
          Listed all of my jobs that I could remember, I am 34 and have had odd jobs as a kid and stuff. As far as addresses, I had to put all in the last 20 years, which I am sure I did, even if it was for only a month. All of references were solid, with references to those references. I guess I will wait until monday to get an explanation. Thanks for the input.
          Last edited by surfguy; 10-02-2005, 02:16 PM. Reason: error

Comment

These things happen. As was already mentioned, perhaps someone was more qualified (i.e. prior LE experience) or the budget got cut or the guy you were going to replace decided not to leave. Don't sweat it, there are other agencies you can apply to & if you REALLY want, in a couple of years go back & apply there then. At least that way you'd have prior LE experience

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. I will keep filling out applications until I get hired on.

Comment

surfguy, if you don't mind let us know what you find out. Just like any business or organization, departments are run different ways. 6 years ago I went through two hiring processes, and was actually hired by one, and DQ'ed early with the other department. Though they were both great departments, the tougher department hired me. You just never know what is going on with open slots, money for new hires, politics, etc.

6 years ago I was 24, had never had a full-time job (in graduate school at the time), and the whole process was very intimidating. Now that I've worked in the "real" world for the past 5 years, I feel much more confident about applying. Age brings maturity and wisdom, so use that to your advantage. Though you never know what is going to happen, keep your head up.

Comment

Well I got dq'ed for not writing all of my NTA's on my application (not intentionally). I did not remember 2 NTA's on my app. but when I did my CVSA, the tester said if you forgot anything on your app. get it out now. So I jogged my brains and remebered them. Any way, I passed the CVSA, but 3 months later, they saw it as deception. I will keep at it... Most likely go for the self-sponsor. Lesson to learn, take your time filling out your application.
                  Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by surfguy
                    Well I got dq'ed for not writing all of my NTA's on my application (not intentionally). I did not remember 2 NTA's on my app. but when I did my CVSA, the tester said if you forgot anything on your app. get it out now. So I jogged my brains and remebered them. Any way, I passed the CVSA, but 3 months later, they saw it as deception. I will keep at it... Most likely go for the self-sponsor. Lesson to learn, take your time filling out your application.
                    Thanks for your help

What is an NTA?????????????/
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Notice to appear? hmm -Ryan

Comment

Well let me tell you from experience that some departments just tell you that you failed some part of the test as an excuse. I applied for several departments before getting hired. I once applied for a small department and went through the entire process. I was later told that I failed the psychological exam. This scared me because I thought that there was something wrong and I would never get hired as an officer. So I made an appointment with the psychologist (cost $175 for about 15 mins). I was told that I did not fail the exam. The problem was that the current job I had at the time I was making $45,000 a year. The department was only paying $25,000 so it was feared that I would leave that department for a higher paying agency. That was the reason I was not hired.
                        So hang in there and keep applying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4973 users online. 250 members and 4723 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X