300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backgrounds/disqualifiers?

i have my polygraph next week, i'm not worried about trying to hide anything and i did try and talk to the captain about anything that i thought might have been a DQ in my interview. But somehow i'm still incredibly nervous. What are some of the most common disqualifiers you guys run into,? I told i tried pot early in HS (i never kept track of how many times, but it couldn't have been very many (<10 if i had to guess)). I gave him all the details of my not so hot driving record, and he still moved me on. I guess i'm still just incredibly nervous that i made it this far and everything that's left is outta my hands. i just keep looking for something that's gonna pop-up and screw everything up. i'm gonna ask this last question, not as someone who is thinking about lying (i know better) but as someone who wants the job. is honesty really what they're looking for instead of a bunch of stupid little stuff? or do all those yes checkmark on my pre-poly packet add up to a DQ? Sorry for the rambling, thanks for your time.

You better figure out a number of times you smoked pot before you step foot in that polygrapher's office. Whatever it is, stick to your guns on it and believe it. He'll try to get you to not believe in yourself, don't fall for it.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

thanks for the heads up. i can definetly use all the help i can get

Comment

the stuff on the poly, is it basically just a repeat of the stuff on the pre-poly packet i filled out? or do they focus more on some stuff or what?

Comment

depends on who, what for and where. They discuss all the questions before hand with you though.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3204 users online. 156 members and 3048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X