300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic tickets dissmissed

I have disclosed all traffic tickets on my applications and interviews. But.... They were all dissmissed, did I have to disclose them, should have I?

Also, what you do think about these for LE?

Total encounters with LE:
    1998 Speeding 65/55
    1999 Speeding changed to faulty equipment
    2002 Wreckless driving w/ arrest 90/45 "liter bike, 12am, country rode" Thats my great excuess!
    2003 Speeding 61/45
    All dissmissed (never on record), no points, etc.

Thank you

They were all dismissed????

Comment

YES! All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBLR
        I have disclosed all traffic tickets on my applications and interviews. But.... They were all dissmissed, did I have to disclose them, should have I?

1998 Speeding 65/55
        2002 Wreckless driving w/ arrest 90/45 "liter bike, 12am, country rode" Thats my great excuess!
        2003 Speeding 61/45

Thank you
        Yes you have to disclose them, yes you should have and I could'nt see any department around here being eager to hire you with that history.

Comment

BUT you should really get some opinions from someone in Kentucky since it might be very different and may not hurt you at all! I am tired and cranky so don't mind me!

Comment

NJladyGlock21,
            Thank you for your reply. I thought the wreckless ticket would hinder my LE career, but the others; seem normal to me.

Comment

That's the one that stands out at me. But departments in every state work differently and sometimes it differs even within a state. I wouldnt be able to give you an accurate answer since I don't work in Kentucky.

Comment

I'm guessing the officers didn't show up to court, either that or that county has a **** poor judge. Anyhow, as already stated, you will need to disclose that info, if you do not, I promise you it will "pop up" and you will most certainly be DQ'd just for that. Now don't think that by disclosing all this that it will be an easy ride. Though nothing is 100%, if the department you are appling to is like many others, you will have a difficult time with that record. Whether it stays on your record or not, it shows a "bad" pattern. We all have had some tickets but you have had a few and all pretty close, high speeds and not that long ago.

If your serious on getting in, be up front, and if you have to wait, take your lumps and wait a bit. By no means are you a criminal or anything like that but, you made some mistakes and if the penalty is waiting for more time to build up from your last ticket then so be it.

Comment

CarCop,
                  thanks for the reply
                  The county attorney dropped the tickets. Really poor system here. I just walked in, ask what I can do about X. They ask me to pay court costs and it will be gone.

This bad pattern was from age 16-21. I think there is a lot of maturing during those years. I'm 23 now. My hope is they see the young and dumb in my need4speed.

No excuss; but man, it hard to keep the speed down on a 1000cc sport bike. It took a while but its out of my system now. They do not belong in a young man's hands.
                  Last edited by BLUBLR; 09-30-2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Also,

One aspect I hope helps counter my speeding, is my drug use. I have never used, nor never will use, any drugs; including alcohol. A zero use of alcohol would seem to extinguish a potential huge liability in LE.

Comment

The no drug use will certainly be in your favor. BI's are human,as all us cops are, we, they have all had those "stupid years", hell some still do. They will take that into account and if you have great scores, do good on everything else, and have a good personality, the tickets could easily be overlooked.

Gotta stay away from the rice rockets........... I got caught at 105 in a 65 on mine. Missouri trooper wrote me for 75 in a 65 . Yeah, many of us have made the same mistakes. Since your only 23 you have plenty of time. Good luck either way.

And need I say, use the cruise control.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBLR

1998 Speeding 65/55
                        2003 Speeding 61/45

Thank you
                        You might not have a record pertaining to convictions but you are definately in the system. There is certainly a record of the traffic stops, citations, and jail visits. A dismissal does not equate to incorruptibility.

Your driving record will probably haunt you since it has only been two years since your last ticket. How many times have you been stopped since your last ticket?

You are only 23 so you have plenty of time to establish yourself as a mature and responsible person.

Comment

Tennsix,

I haven

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5744 users online. 328 members and 5416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X