300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how soon in advance to start applying

How soon in advance would you recommend starting the application process. I am currently looking at any department in Michigan (if things get better)and South Bend, Indiana. My end of enlistment will be in December 2006 and I would like to have a job already lined up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Joe

I'd start taking test ASAP. Some depts. processes take a very long time, and it could be a year or so before you made it to the final stages. Even if you can't leave right away, taking tests will only make you better. Alot of depts. establish a eligibility list that remains in effect for upto 2 yrs. If you got on the list and they decided to hire in Dec. 06', you'd be set!!

The more tests and interviews you take the better you'll become.

Good Luck!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Scooterlee,

Thanks for your reply, that was the answer I was hoping for. I figure if I start applying now it could be beneficial for the application process. Since I am stationed in Kodiak, AK I will only be able to come home this December before my enlistment is up, due to lack of personnel and it costs an arm and a leg.

Thanks again,
      Joe

Comment

You got it..just take as many tests and hopefully get on some lists..

Good Luck
        ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5893 users online. 319 members and 5574 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X