300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta GA P.D. , Tampa,FL P.D.

Hi all. I am new to the site and wondering if there is anyone in here that has an idea on how the Atlanta,GA P.D. or the Tampa,FL P.D. works in terms of hiring and recruitment. I have been to the hiring webpages that they have and looked around but was wondering how hard it actually is to get on there. I am currently in the Marine Corps and will have a total of 5 years unrelated military experience when i get out with an honorable discharge. I have an associates degree in criminal justice and will be close to having my B.S. in criminal justice upon completion of Marine Corps time. Would i actually have a chance to get on or at least get in for the interview? Thanks in advance.

May I ask 'why' you're looking into Atlanta?

Comment

I'm looking into Atlanta because I have heard they have a good department with a lot of opportunities to progress and plus i like the atmosphere of Georgia. I am originally from Albany and that is the closest fairly big department and Atlanta also provides my wife with good opportunities in her career field.

Comment

Atlanta Police is not the only large Police Department in the Metro Atlanta area check out the following agencies as well. Dekalb County Police , Cobb County Police, Gwinnett County Poilice , Cherokee Sheriff Office , Forsyth Sheriff Office , Clayton County Police, Douglas County Sheriff, Marta Police Department. Good luck with your job search.
        Last edited by pateshane; 09-26-2005, 03:40 PM.
        STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

Got a conditional offer to Atlanta PD last week pending Psych, Med, and PAT tests to be done later this month when I get to fly there. I can try and answer some questions. I will have my BS end of this year and hope to start in January at an agency. They pay more for Associates, more for Bachelors, etc. I don't know how "hard" it is to get on there, my background had very few minor snags and i'm only 22. My BI did it in two weeks and then I got a conditonal. It all depends on what you are talking about in terms of how difficult it is to get on. I know they hire constantly and always need more people from what I understand. They use a CVSA as their truth verification method. If you have any questions that I may be able to ask shoot, but there are some Atlanta PD officers on here that can really help you out. Good luck!

Comment

I guess i should have stated my question a little more clear. SEAL6770 answered the question i was trying to ask perfectly. What i should have said was how often do they hire and pull new people aboard. I still have 2 years left of military service but i want to start planning my route now. Does anyone know how long the process usually takes and when i should begin submitting my application to hopefully begin the academy as soon as i get out. My release date from the military is August 2007. Thanks

Comment

For what it is worth, here is my timeline:

6/21/05 - Took written exams (5 of them) in Philadelphia, PA (Handed in 29 page application also)
              7/23/05 - Notified that I passed all written exams and that BI has begun
              8/10/05 - Notified that I passed BI and that my application is on the way to the Chief's office
              9/10/05 - Conditional offer of employmet given, dates scheduled for late October to fly down for PAT, CVSA, Medical, and Psychological

Key point to add to this: You have only EIGHT weeks after the day you take the medical to start working for APD. If you cannot start 8 weeks from the medical date you must withdraw from the process. Hope that helps.

Comment

Same state, different agency. pre-service. Got done with the academy in July. Turned in my app next day. They could NOT process it until I turned 21 (in Aug). Aug 24 my initial interview. I was sworn in and getting paid on the 9th and 10th of Sept respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4it
                  I guess i should have stated my question a little more clear. SEAL6770 answered the question i was trying to ask perfectly. What i should have said was how often do they hire and pull new people aboard. I still have 2 years left of military service but i want to start planning my route now. Does anyone know how long the process usually takes and when i should begin submitting my application to hopefully begin the academy as soon as i get out. My release date from the military is August 2007. Thanks

We are putting 3 academy classes through each year, with a min. of 32 people per class. The typical time frame for an applicant is 4-5 months. Once your hired, you will work as a recruit in city hall east (basically police headquaters) until your academy class starts. Im in the academy right now, so let me know if you have anymore questions... I'll try an help ya out
                  Irish Toasts
                  When we drink, we get drunk.
                  When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
                  When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
                  When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
                  So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4920 users online. 272 members and 4648 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X