300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should I wear?

I'm going in for a pretest class on 10/15/05 and have a civil service test on 11/05/05. I think that I should wear a suit to both but my wife thinks that I should just dress casual. I just want to make a good impression. Please Help?

Greatful Dead tyedye shirt, cutoff shorts, and flip-flops Seriously, if it's just a civil service test there may not even be any officers/admin there. In some cities the personell department does the preliminary testing then if you pass the scores are relayed to the PD. That's when you'll want to dress up in at least in Dockers, button up shirt, tie, and jacket. Go casual (jeans, polo shirt, tennis shoes) to the test.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yes, when you finally get some interaction with the agencies themselves, I would recommend suit unless you're wearing PT gear. Dressing above the standard shows them that you are serious and you have confidence in yourself. I have been shocked at two of the open houses I have been to that were at the agency and led by sworn LE recruiters. There were probably a total of 35 possible applicants at both sessions. Beyond me, I have seen two other guys wearing suits. One or two wearing ties. The majority in t-shirts, jeans, shorts, etc. Whether I'm dropping off paperwork or sitting in front of an oral board, I always dress above the standard. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

I rather be over dressed than under dressed.

Comment

shirt and tie never will do ya wrong.....

just don't show up with yr baseball hat turned around,

or to much gel in yr hair where it affects yr test taking abilities..

www.schackdaddy.com
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by karpaasi
            Yes, when you finally get some interaction with the agencies themselves, I would recommend suit unless you're wearing PT gear. Dressing above the standard shows them that you are serious and you have confidence in yourself. I have been shocked at two of the open houses I have been to that were at the agency and led by sworn LE recruiters. There were probably a total of 35 possible applicants at both sessions. Beyond me, I have seen two other guys wearing suits. One or two wearing ties. The majority in t-shirts, jeans, shorts, etc. Whether I'm dropping off paperwork or sitting in front of an oral board, I always dress above the standard. Just my .02 cents.
            Same here. Especially the part with me and a few others in a suit and the rest in t-shirt and jeans. Never did see those guys in jeans again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4679 users online. 233 members and 4446 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X