300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW oral review?

I am scheduled for my Oral Review Board in late October/ early November. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I have been reading some of the other oral review posts so i figured I would ask for me as well. What are some of the tricks if there is any? If you have everything on the table and you have no criminal background, should everything go smoothly?
    thanks
    chris
    Chance Favors Only The Prepared Minds

chris

i thought i would get some help from members of this forum. is there no one here from the fort worth pd or applicants to fort worth?
    Chance Favors Only The Prepared Minds

chris

Comment

hey 89- I am kinda still new to this site and I read your post from the other day. However, I am only 19 years old and have no idea where to start for preparing for my futureso unfortunately I can not answer your question. I would if I know the answer though! This site has however answered some of my questions so dont give up hope. You can also post your question in the "suggestions" spot. This is higher on the page so more people might read it. just a suggestion
      It is better to have fallen in love and lost it than to never have fallen in love before

Comment

89s-trim, I think we've talked about this already but if not I'll give you some pointers:
        1) Suit, tie, shined shoes-no exceptions
        2) Don't sit down until directed to do so.
        3) Address all the members by their rank and last name ie: "Good morning Officer/Corporal/Sergeant/Lieutenant/Captain So-and-so"
        4) Think before you answer-it's not a speed test.
        5) Don't ever change your answer, even if it's wrong. If the board proves to you that your answer is wrong, acknowledge it, don't argue with it. Changing your answer shows indecision.

Can't think of anything else right now. I'm sure FWPD is about the same as any other department as far as the oral board is concerned. They're going to expect you to be nervous, especially if you're not a cop. Just keep you're cool and don't get too uptight about it. The absolute worst they can do is not hire you-it's not like they're going to go after your first born or anything There's plenty of other departments out there if you don't get it. Especially in the D/FW area.
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

89S
          Study up on the dept, ie-different depts within.Start practicing your answers, hear yourself say them out loud. Go in there with confidence and prepared to see yourself, try to put into your answer some stats on the dept, ie-how you could continue to maintain their decrease in crime etc. Know you strengths and weaknesses and be prepared to talk about them.

Good luck
          "In God we trust, all others we monitor"

Comment

Here's a question, "Would you ticket your mom for speeding?" Let's see if your answer is smarter than someone else who posted on this site that didn't know how to answer the question to an interview committee. Really want to find out if there are intelligent applicants out there still.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
              Here's a question, "Would you ticket your mom for speeding?" K9

Ummmmm...NOPE,I like my mom but if I didn't then that's a different story.
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4365 users online. 256 members and 4109 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X