300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a cop

Hi, I am in my senior year of highschool and planning a career in law enforcement. I am looking for advice on what i should be doing to achieve that goal.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Do Dia

I'm not an LEO, but I've seen enough of these questions answered (including my own).

Stay outta trouble, first and foremost. Get a degree in a field of interest. Gain life experience (get a decent job, be reliable, volunteer service for programs or community events). Join the military. Keep/get in shape. Educate yourself a little bit about the career (coming here is a good place to find valuable information and ask any questions). Again I stress, STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. Also, depending on what your history looks like on file or of your own knowlege, you may be already disqualified for a job. It'd be wise to make sure before you go getting a degree in CJ and assuming a job as an LEO. I'm mostly referring to if you have any somewhat serious criminal charges or if you've messed around with hard drugs and criminal activity. Things of that nature.

Good luck.
    Last edited by JustDontDie; 09-21-2005, 07:55 PM.

Comment

not a LEO but in the process!
      main thing is to stay out of trouble. Find a job, even part time if you are going to go to college. the job helps you stay out of trouble in most cases.
      also gives you some responsibility and a little work history.
      good luck and stick with it.
      chris
      Chance Favors Only The Prepared Minds

chris

Comment

thanks for the advice. my plans are to go to college and get a degree, but from what i have read it seems to be best to get a degree in somthing such as business and minor in criminal justice. Any advice on Bacholers degree over Associates.
        Do Dia

Comment

See if your police department, or sheriffs office has an Explorer, or Cadet program.
          U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
          Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Good Answer.

Originally posted by JustDontDie
            I'm not an LEO, but I've seen enough of these questions answered (including my own).

Stay outta trouble, first and foremost. Get a degree in a field of interest. Gain life experience (get a decent job, be reliable, volunteer service for programs or community events). Join the military. Keep/get in shape. Educate yourself a little bit about the career (coming here is a good place to find valuable information and ask any questions). Again I stress, STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. Also, depending on what your history looks like on file or of your own knowlege, you may be already disqualified for a job. It'd be wise to make sure before you go getting a degree in CJ and assuming a job as an LEO. I'm mostly referring to if you have any somewhat serious criminal charges or if you've messed around with hard drugs and criminal activity. Things of that nature.

Good luck.

That's a pretty good answer JustDon't Die. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6020 users online. 362 members and 5658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X