300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I took my Oral Board Today.

So I was suppsed to take it at 7:30 For Metro Transit but I didnt get into the until 8:10 and I was done around 8:25. This must have been the most over rated thing I have ever experienced. I had three officers questioning me. They asked me the basic questions everyone on this board has talked about and it was over. After I was done they told me I passed and set-up a time for my Poly. The Deputy Chief even came up to me and shook my hand, he said I was the most prepared applicant he has ever interviewed (Thanks to reading all you guys post). I have my poly set-up for Monday, I know it must be hard because the Oral board was nothin.

Congrats to you. Poly is nothing as long as you relax and tell the truth.

Comment

First, BOOMER SOONER.

Second, The polygraph is nothing as long as you are honest and consistent. They may try to shake you on some of your answers and that is just part of the process, if you told the truth, stick with it and don't let them acting like they are doubting you affect you.

You will do an interview with the examiner and he will go over all the questions he is going to ask before he puts you on the machine. He will pick a couple of areas to test you on, and then set you up on the machine. He should do at least two, if not more runs through the questions, so don't let it bother you when they start asking you the same questions multiple times.

Good Luck
      "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Preeseason ...

How did you prepare for the oral interview? I have an interview in WI on the 10th of October. I have printed the business reports, crime reports, info regarding the PD and city information from the city website. Do you have any other suggestions on how I get ready for this interview? I am very nervous since I have no prior experience in LE. I do have a BS in CJ and have internshipped with the county I live in. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind--don't matter, and those who matter--don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Comment

Dolce
          Just do your research on the dept, ie chief,etc. Know the specialty area that you can go in and proactice some answers out loud. Hear yourself give the answers.

Also, try this website--- http://www.****************************/8482.html

Good luck
          "In God we trust, all others we monitor"

Comment

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ... any advice is helpful

Dolce
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind--don't matter, and those who matter--don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6151 users online. 330 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X