300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All around good guy, but nervous, LAPD LVMPD

Hey how's it going? Well I'd like to say that I'm not worried about my background investigation and about my polygraph, but I am. I plan on telling the truth, I have experimented maybe twice with marijuana in high school as well as I have stolen things when I was under the age of 18. I am now 23. I am also concerved with the fact that they may disqualify me based on the fact that I have attended multiple colleges, and had numerous jobs because of this. Mostly like i have said when I was under the age of 20 or so. I was wondering if the LAPD or Las Vegas PD will disqualify me based on this information.

Send you a reply to where you posted in the "department who do not poly"...stop sweating the smalle stuff bro. And you are not the first to come in here and ask this very same question. If it was a Disqualifier with those depts, then you would not make it very far, just be honest!
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

If you are so concerned, why pick two of the toughest depts in the country to apply too?
      It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Well because they pay well, and they're in nice places, as opposed to my own city which pays police 25k to start which after taxes equates to 11 dollars an hour, what a joke. I'm a forensic Science major in college with one year left and I wanna get the hell out of here and get paid what I deserve. I was just curious if anyone knew the standards of these departments, like I said when Im honest about my past, I don't want them disqualifying me for things that I did almost 5 - 6 years ago, once or twice, which I haven't done since. And I have never heard anything about the LAPD or the LVMPD being the hardest departments to get into. I know there are alot harder ones.

Comment

They may pay well, but you have to consider the cost of living once again, such as NYC. Yes LAPD does start off at a reasonable salary, but i do know you do have to live in with-in a certain distance of the city such as NYC and if you have never been to LA, the traffic is a nightmare! And what o you mean you want to work somewhere, where you deserve to get paid for what you deserve? You only want the job for the money? Well NY State Police start off a lot more then NYPD. NOw LAPD and LV Metro and very hard to get into and the competition is very hard as well.Do you have the money and the resources to fly to those places a couple of times to process with them? You do have to consider those options as well. Why not apply to a smaller department that pays just as well? But you want to get paid for what you deserve....why even try to get into LE?
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I wasnt trying to say I was in it only for the money but theres a pretty big difference btw 25k a year and 40 or so. New York traffic is just as bad as LA if not worse. I have been to LA I am aware of the travel conditions in both places. Also as far as cost of Living, I live on Long island where the cost of living is the highest in the nation, and no im not rich, and to get paid a salary like 25k a year to start with a BS in Forensic Science to me would sound substandard no? I doubt that anyone else would disagree with that. Also in LA you get what you pay for, the cost of living might be almost as high as long island, but at least you have nice weataher pretty muich all year round as well as some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. LA is a much nicer place to live, buy ya know the grass is always greener. But no definitely not just in it for the money otherwise I would be apolice officer in my own county, the highest paid police in the nation. However, pulling over speeders and drunk drivers to me is boring, which is why I choose location, pay is 2nd.

Comment

"And I have never heard anything about the LAPD or the LVMPD being the hardest departments to get into."

Then you haven't done any research at all on the subject.

I'll make it easy for you. You have drug use in your past. You have theft in your past. You don't have a stable work history. You are 23.
              Both depts have extremely high recruiting standards. They prize clean backgrounds, military experience and prior law enforcement experience. How's it looking so far? LAPD and LVMPD will almost certainly DQ you based on your background, other depts may not. Apply and you'll find out.
              It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

LVMPD is very stringent, The process is rough and tough. They get a large amount of applicants and DQ a majority of them. If your really wanting to get into the Vegas area theres quite a few agencies here in town where you could obtain some good experience. Which of course would make you a better candidate and more marketable to LVMPD. Its just a thought,but shop around a bit and see whats out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2666 users online. 193 members and 2473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X