300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Physical Requirements

Does anybody know if Oregon has a state mandated guideline for PT requirements or is it different from dept to dept? I've contacted the dept I'm testing with next month, but haven't receive a reply yet.

Thanks

Oregon

DPSST doesn't per se have a set Physical requirements, it is left up to the departments. Some departments don't even have a Agility test as part of the hiring process.

Now, if you go to the DPSST academy after being hired, you will have to pass the OR PAT.
    The OR PAT is a obsticle course that is inside a gym, and will kick your @$$
    Its not very long, but it is 6 laps around the course.

If you look at the PAT for the portland police department, it is very close to the OR PAT.

The only other academy I know of in oregon is the one for the OSP, and I have no clue as per its requirements, but I here it is closely based off the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellum
      DPSST doesn't per se have a set Physical requirements, it is left up to the departments. Some departments don't even have a Agility test as part of the hiring process.

Now, if you go to the DPSST academy after being hired, you will have to pass the OR PAT.
      The OR PAT is a obsticle course that is inside a gym, and will kick your @$$
      Its not very long, but it is 6 laps around the course.

If you look at the PAT for the portland police department, it is very close to the OR PAT.

The only other academy I know of in oregon is the one for the OSP, and I have no clue as per its requirements, but I here it is closely based off the military.
      Thanks for the info.

The OR PAT is just an obstacle course? Nothing like out in Illinois, timed pushups, timed run, etc etc?

What's the DPSST Academy like? More physical than educational?

Comment

Or Pat / Dpsst

Yes, the OR PAT is just a course, 6 laps in under 5 minutes plus a few other things right after, if I remeber right.
        I would take timed anything over the OR PAT, when I took it, 4 of the 8 people puked after running it, and only 5 made it.

As far as DPSST, from my friends who have done it, it focuses much more on learning and testing then running.

Comment

Yes, the OR PAT is just a course, 6 laps in under 5 minutes plus a few other things right after, if I remeber right.
          I would take timed anything over the OR PAT, when I took it, 4 of the 8 people puked after running it, and only 5 made it.

As far as DPSST, from my friends who have done it, it focuses much more on learning and testing then running.
          I downloaded a copy of the ORPAT guidelines.. Doesn't sound to rough. Only 5 of 8 finished it and half of the group got ill off it? Evidently, I need to read over it again. haha

So basically, it's a lap....drop/get up...repeat repeat.. push/pull...drop/get up..dummy drag..

So it's not something that's gonna take hours to complete, right?

I'm scheduled to to a prelim oral interview/writtens/OR PAT in one day.

You know anything about Albany PD?

Comment

Shouldn't take you more then 6 to 7 minutes from start to finish or you wil fail.
            Its more like a sprint, but a sprint that goes on for 6 to 7 minutes.

Don't know alot about Albany PD, they are down the road about 90 miles from me. Nice town.

Comment

Shouldn't take you more then 6 to 7 minutes from start to finish or you wil fail.
              Its more like a sprint, but a sprint that goes on for 6 to 7 minutes.

Don't know alot about Albany PD, they are down the road about 90 miles from me. Nice town.

Aside from the balance beam, I dont think I'll have any real problems. I just need to keep on the treadmill and lifting.

I'm confused about the push part of the test.. So, you lift up an 80 pound machine and then walk sideways to the opposite end of it? You do this 3 times...drop/get up and then do the pull? Was this difficult? There's no visuals and it's all written out, just seems kinda confusing.

Did you pass? What parts would you advise that I concentrate on?

Comment

Orpat

You can google ORPAT and you can get a copy of the ORPAT guidelines as published by DPSST. It has pictures of everything so you get a better visual than just reading about it.

Comment

OSP uses US Army PT guidelines, at least for their physical agility test.
                  1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Yes I did pass,

Take a look here

http://www.deschutes.org/download.cf...4DDA2D6146838F

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4638 users online. 281 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X