X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RabbitMPD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtclem4
    I know a guy who works at Metro and stole a car as a teen. You will be ok. Just tell them
    Don't mean to be "that guy" but I can outdue you. I am proud to be friends with an outstanding officer who stole a school bus when he was 15. He actually went around making stops at his friends houses (in the middle of the night) before he was caught.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Like I said I will be honest I just want to know if it's even worth me taking the exam if they're not goiing to take me based on these small things.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by Homersigpi
    Hey how's it going. I am not really nervous about taking the polygraph tests and I plan on telling the truth. I was just wondering if you are honest about lets say I tried marijuana once or twice in high school or that I've stolen small things when under the age of 18 (not ammounting to 300 dollars in my lifetime etc. Will the LAPD or LVMPD reject me based on the fact that I have done these two things?
    Bro, you are sweating over the small stuff....just be honest about EVERYTHING!

Leave a comment:

• Mtclem4
    replied
    I know a guy who works at Metro and stole a car as a teen. You will be ok. Just tell them

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Taking the polygraph

Hey how's it going. I am not really nervous about taking the polygraph tests and I plan on telling the truth. I was just wondering if you are honest about lets say I tried marijuana once or twice in high school or that I've stolen small things when under the age of 18 (not ammounting to 300 dollars in my lifetime etc. Will the LAPD or LVMPD reject me based on the fact that I have done these two things?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by irishlad2nv
    Anyway, point being, a Poly and CVSA weed out candidates! Plain and simple. Tough break for those who fail, but congrats to those who pass and pass the background. yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that randomly selects people!

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Anyway, point being, a Poly and CVSA weed out candidates! Plain and simple. Tough break for those who fail, but congrats to those who pass and pass the background. yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    And your proof behind this is...?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'd say they are probably comparable.6 to one, half dozen to the other.

Leave a comment:

• bostonnorth
    replied
    Mr. Maschke, how does the CVSA compare to the Polygraph for its accuracy/lack thereof?

Leave a comment:

• FutureLE
    replied
    I AM NOT A POLICE OFFICER-

I too believe that the poly is garbage-NO MACHINE CAN DETECT LIES... That being said I took my first poly yesterday and I passed-- It was a piece of cake.

Atlanta doesnt use the poly they use the CVSA-

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by George Maschke
    Philadelphia scrapped its polygraph requirement a few years ago. Apart from MA and NJ, other states that ban polygraph screening across the board are MI, MN, and OR. Are you sure that no agencies in RI polygraph? I was not aware of that. There is a discussion of agencies that don't polygraph here.
    Ah yes the great infamous anti-poly guy here....get hired yet my friend?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    www.polygraph.com
    www.antipolygraph.org

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Boston, this issue has been brought up here numerous times. Someone that is inquiring about who does not Polygraph, etc is someone that has something to hide. Although, if you think you can get hired somewhere that does not poly, then you are wrong and they will find out in your background anyway!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oregon does not. And because polygraph's are pieces of ****.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5520 users online. 317 members and 5203 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X