300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depatments with no poly?

I know MA, RI, and NJ(?), and NYPD don't use the polygraph, and that MO sometimes applies a voice stress analyzer. What other states or major cities don't use the poly?

Why?
    What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

The fact u ask , makes me wonder if ur hiding something, however benefit of the doubt given I understand ur concern. they are suspect at best, and some questions no matter how truthful you answer you will be called a liar. I for a fact have never ever ever touched or experimented with ANY drugs ever in 31 yrs, and have only had 2 drinks of alcohol in my entire life, 1 at my wedding, the other on my 1 yr anniversary, and they were sips , and that was it, and was called a liar twice so i guess i can see ur concern, whatcha hiding bro?

Comment

Oregon does not. And because polygraph's are pieces of ****.

Comment

Boston, this issue has been brought up here numerous times. Someone that is inquiring about who does not Polygraph, etc is someone that has something to hide. Although, if you think you can get hired somewhere that does not poly, then you are wrong and they will find out in your background anyway!
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

www.polygraph.com
            www.antipolygraph.org

Comment

Originally posted by George Maschke
              Philadelphia scrapped its polygraph requirement a few years ago. Apart from MA and NJ, other states that ban polygraph screening across the board are MI, MN, and OR. Are you sure that no agencies in RI polygraph? I was not aware of that. There is a discussion of agencies that don't polygraph here.
              Ah yes the great infamous anti-poly guy here....get hired yet my friend?
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I AM NOT A POLICE OFFICER-

I too believe that the poly is garbage-NO MACHINE CAN DETECT LIES... That being said I took my first poly yesterday and I passed-- It was a piece of cake.

Atlanta doesnt use the poly they use the CVSA-

Comment

Mr. Maschke, how does the CVSA compare to the Polygraph for its accuracy/lack thereof?

Comment

I'd say they are probably comparable.6 to one, half dozen to the other.

Comment

And your proof behind this is...?

Comment

Anyway, point being, a Poly and CVSA weed out candidates! Plain and simple. Tough break for those who fail, but congrats to those who pass and pass the background. yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                          Anyway, point being, a Poly and CVSA weed out candidates! Plain and simple. Tough break for those who fail, but congrats to those who pass and pass the background. yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "yea for the POLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that randomly selects people!

Comment

Taking the polygraph

Hey how's it going. I am not really nervous about taking the polygraph tests and I plan on telling the truth. I was just wondering if you are honest about lets say I tried marijuana once or twice in high school or that I've stolen small things when under the age of 18 (not ammounting to 300 dollars in my lifetime etc. Will the LAPD or LVMPD reject me based on the fact that I have done these two things?

Comment

I know a guy who works at Metro and stole a car as a teen. You will be ok. Just tell them

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3203 users online. 182 members and 3021 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X