300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background question

greeting. Ok, lets start off by saying the traditional "I made the young and stupid mistakes."

A little info:
    When trying to get my foot into the door at an agency, I was given the opportunity to work in the jail. Went to the interview and everything went well. I did not, however, pass the polygraph on a drug related charge. Basically I was not telling the whole truth about trying LSD. Something I am NOT pround of at all. Lose your integrity once, and you lose it forever as they say.

Fast forward about 5 years:
    I am intersting in trying to get back into law enforcement. Am I totally screwed at the original department that I tried getting on at the jail? It was 5 years ago when I took the poly and I am not sure if the system keeps track of those who apply at the jail and it would automatically DQ me.

You live, you learn.

thanks for any input.

Well, do you plan on not telling the truth again, hoping they have no records and you can get by this time?

Comment

I will release the information when asked so to speak.
      If they ask, have you taken a poly before: yes and I give the info.

but I have not seen (or don't remember seeing) the question on the background info packet. And I did tell everything truthfully that was asked at the other departments (btw, I was applying for the actual LEO position not the jail, not sure if I mentioned that). I am not trying to lie my way into becoming an officer.

Comment

My experience with a large local department is this: I applied there in 1993 after graduating from college and was not hired. Fast forward to 2005. I applied there again and was permenantly rejected because the applications did not match exactly. I wasn't told where or on what they didn't match, so be very careful on what you put down. Did you copy the application before you turned it in? The one in 93 was my first and made the huge mistake of not copying it before turning it in.
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

yes, I copied them all.

Comment

The LSD usage will likely disqualify you even if lying doesn't. Sorry.

Comment

I called a couple of departments in my areas and asked them about LSD usage. The basic information that I am getting is that if it was experitmental (which it was, < 5 times) that it is a case by case basis since it was about 10 years ago.

so I guess another question would be:
              Do I have a legitamate chance of becomming an LEO? I understand that if I was being compared to someone without a drug history with the same educational background chances for me go down, but I would still think I have a legitamte shot since not all LEO's are saints by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by zavarik
                I called a couple of departments in my areas and asked them about LSD usage. The basic information that I am getting is that if it was experitmental (which it was, < 5 times) that it is a case by case basis since it was about 10 years ago.

Do I have a legitamate chance of becomming an LEO? I understand that if I was being compared to someone without a drug history with the same educational background chances for me go down, but I would still think I have a legitamte shot since not all LEO's are saints by any means.
                LSD is a big black mark. Most states won't allow someone to be an officer with any LSD usage in their past; even accidental usage.

Comment

but I would still think I have a legitamte shot since not all LEO's are saints by any means.
                  But enough of them are to over power you. I say just give it a shot. Explain yourself when you're applying or being interviewed and see how it goes. That's all you can do.

Comment

I sent you a PM.
                    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

My experience is that it's usually a case by case basis. Your age,present job,references (they should be record-free too) and your presentation ALL come into play. I'd give it a shot. Another route would be to apply at a smaller,more liberal minded agency,work there for a few years then apply to the agency you really want. Many officers do that to gain experience & work history. I've known officers to do that as stepping stone to Federal jobs or even political office. In short,it's not hopeless.

Comment

What kinda drug is LSD?

Comment

Originally posted by daleHawkins
                          What kinda drug is LSD?
                          It's an hallucigenic drug. The reason most departments won't hire someone who's ever used it is it resides in the fatty tissue your entire life. You can have flashbacks any time.

Comment

Originally posted by police_459
                            hi im jeff i was talking to you before. I was just woundering about something i hope you can answer and help me with it here goes i was walking home one night and this cop stop me and told me that i fit some guy prescription for breaking into a car but i did not do that and i told him but hey said dont lie but hey phone up another person i was with and sayed i left two hours ago but i had to walk home and it was a long walk. Later on hey took me home and then i want to the police station the other day and they told me that i have and investigation on my file. its been 4 month now but i was just woundering if that would go away and would it hurt me going into policing i hope you can answer my question thanks. I was talking to a lawyer and hey said if they find the right person it would go away or after 6 month.
                            i just ask you cause your a police officer thank u. im also going for firearm training would this interfere with my training. and also when i was younger like 11 years old i ask a kid to lift up is shirt. do i have to worry about this.
                            I don't know if you're saying that you know me, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Can someone interpret this for me please?
                            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by edg103
                              I don't know if you're saying that you know me, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Can someone interpret this for me please?
                              I was contacted by him via PM but have not replied because I could not understand the question(s) either.

Police_459, your profile says you are an officer but not employed in LE? That's confusing.

Maybe if you wrote an intelligent question you could put out a post that will get a reply. It looks like you've tried at least three times with no luck in getting a response. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5423 users online. 312 members and 5111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X