300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it to Late for Law Enforcement

I am 28 yrs. old, female that lives in California; my dream is to one day become a police officer. However, I feel that probably is to late because of my age. I have a B.S. Criminal Justice and I will be starting a Master Program at UC Irvine next fall. Do you guys think I should take another direction or follow Law Enforcement?

Not too late. You have more life experience than the 18-21 yr old. I think it looks better, most times.
    What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

Our class average age was about 28, your not too late. Here is a link to my website that has all my class notes on it in the files.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I start the academy on Sept. 19th... and I'm 28... I run faster, lift more weight, have abs showing ect... I'm in the best shape of my life right now, plus I had great time working my last job (7 years)... 28 too late..NOPE!! I would think the added life experience, and maturity are benefits to starting a leo career later in life...
        Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

too late

Our hiring cutoff is 34, plus any military time. We have hired 40 year olds with prior police and military so, you can get in at most agencies.
          Jerry
          "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by LE2BE
            I start the academy on Sept. 19th... and I'm 28... I run faster, lift more weight, have abs showing ect... I'm in the best shape of my life right now, plus I had great time working my last job (7 years)... 28 too late..NOPE!! I would think the added life experience, and maturity are benefits to starting a leo career later in life...
            Congratulations!!!
            On your new sucess, probably you could help me with information about the written exam,the oral and so on....I looking into different agencies. What agency did you apply? If you don't might answering

Comment

Originally posted by jessiangel22
              I am 28 yrs. old, female that lives in California; my dream is to one day become a police officer. However, I feel that probably is to late because of my age. I have a B.S. Criminal Justice and I will be starting a Master Program at UC Irvine next fall. Do you guys think I should take another direction or follow Law Enforcement?

Thank you guys so much for your input.

Comment

Go for it Jessie, I'm 27 and in the process now
                "In God we trust, all others we monitor"

Comment

Originally posted by LE2BE
                  After reading this again, I kinda realized it looked like I was bragging or something... Believe me, that is the farthest from the truth. If you would have seen my lazy *** about 2 years ago, sitting behind a 21" monitor (Engineer), always ready for a double western cheeseburger, you would never think I was cut out for a LEO career...

Well 18 months ago I decided that I was finally going to fulfill a dream (insert LEO career), and decided to change my life. I lost 40 pounds by excercising like a mad man, and eating right for a change. I also didn't meet the vision requirements (without contacts), so I paid for laser eye surgery, which set me back another 6 months. The process before I even applied was 13-14 months long, just getting me to the point where I felt I was ready. But, I'm glad I didn't just jump into the process, having to deal with failures of not meeting basic physical, and mental standards..

Well.. fast forward to 4-5 months ago.. I finally felt like it was the "now or never" time.. I had already done all the background things like credit checks, employment dates, transcripts, ect...getting all my ducks in a row. I decided to take my first test, and passed..!! Now 4-5 months later I have been hired by my first and only choice for a department, and I couldn't be any happier!! And to be honest, if I didn't make the first time, I would reply, but still feel proud since I met so many other goals while preparing for this career.

Now comes the tough part
                  Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

I'm 37 years old and just starting my third week of a 20-week Academy. It's not too late for you at all, as long as you're in good physical shape.
                    d

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6265 users online. 371 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X