300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potentiel Police officer

Hello I am a grad student attending school in Michigan and I am interested in a career in Law enforcement. How long is the application process? And do I ahve to be in top physical condition for the academy? Is thier career advancement in the law enforcement field? Are thier likely to be layoofs in city or federal law enforcement?

Thanks,
    Potential Law enforcement officer
    Last edited by dawand; 09-09-2005, 10:11 AM. Reason: POTENTIAL POLICE OFFICER

Originally posted by dawand
    Hello I am a grad student attending school in Michigan and I am interested in a career in Law enforcement. How long is the application process? And do I ahve to be in top physical condition for the academy? Is thier career advancement in the law enforcement field? Are thier likely to be layoofs in city or federal law enforcement?
    Thanks,
    Potential Law enforcement officer
    Originally posted by dawnad
    How long is the application process?
    This question varies from state to state. For example my state it takes up to one year for paperwork to go through.

And do I ahve to be in top physical condition for the academy?
    Again varies from state to state, and their requirements. But mostly if you can pass physical agility tests, and keep up with maintaining that same level of physical composure you can do it. Heck asthmatic person like me passed it so it's not that tough as it might sound.

Is thier career advancement in the law enforcement field?
    Of course there is.. Once you have enough of seniority (five years or more) within the dept., you are eligible for to apply and try to get one of these jobs: K-9 handler, SWAT Team Member (I believe it's still five years of seniority, for my state it is not sure for the rest), Corporal's rank, or if you have more years then you can try for Detective, SWAT Team among other opportunities. Or even get into Federal agencies easier then someone who just graduated college without any prior law enforcement experience.

Are thier likely to be layoofs in city or federal law enforcement?
    It all depends on cities governmental officials.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4644 users online. 313 members and 4331 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X