300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Pa State Troopers Out There?

I'd like to get some feed back from some Pa State Troopers on how they like their job or dislike their job. I'm going for my oral on the 26th of September and would just like to see what people have to say about it. Thanks.

Me 2....

......I have mine on the 26th as well. Six questions.....25 minutes. Short. Not much time to have to worry about babbling on, I suppose. Hit the high points, try to be thorough and move on. I'm gettin' pretty charged for it though....

(...forget about the username; has nothing to do with LE)

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty psyched about it too. Where in Pa are you from?

Comment

I'm from the Harrisburg area. You?
        For the most part, the Troopers I have spoken to, almost to a man, seem to really enjoy their job. Everyone has their bad days...no matter what the work....but overall they seem well disposed toward their job.

Comment

I'm in the pocono's. I spoke to some Troopers in my area. Some say I'm crazy for wanting it and others are extremely happy that I would do it. I'm a female and the guys think it's great. It was a reaction I wasn't really expecting. I thought I would be frowned upon because of that but I'm happy to see that times have changed. What time is your oral scheduled? Mine is exactly at noon. Should be good! I'm excited about it.

Comment

Mine is @ 1040.....eager to get it done.
            My trooper friends are really suportive....esp. my best friend. I'm lucky there.
            I'm guessing initial deployment (should I make it, of course) should be somewhere around Philly. They need the bodies.....

Comment

Hey good luck. I was hoping mine was going to be a little earlier. GOOD LUCK and maybe I'll see you in the academy! I've been working with a personal trainer to make sure I'm up to par on my running! And those push ups. LOL.

Comment

Yes, Good luck to you too!

Comment

Good Luck troopers 2 be. Iam a cop near Steeler Country and have 2 guys leaving their jobs of over 10 yrs for the Troopers next, oh wait its almsot October already????
                  I got nothing for now

Comment

Hey I took my oral test yesterday! I think I did pretty well. I guess we'll find out! Now the waiting begins!

Comment

Feels good having it behind you......Whew! I thought mine went well. Nothing really surprising. You're right though...........we'll see. This will be a long 4-6 weeks! Did you have any veterans claiming their 10 pt. preference in your group?

Comment

Had 2 out of 5 of us! And 1 of the 2 was a Phili officer.

Comment

There was one guy that claimed it. There were 15 of us in my group. I was the only female. Everyone was so short. I'm friendly so I started asking some of the guys where they were from and they just made it real short. They told me I should hear something within 2 weeks and then our physical fitness test will be close to Thanksgiving. They told me to "BE PREPARED". I've been training for the last 6 months for that but we have to get past this first!

Comment

I heard they were pushing Philly police to go in for the State Police. They are so short handed in the city and plus, the State Police are going to be taking over more roads in Philly.

Comment

Best wishes to both of you as you pursue your dreams!

I'm rooting for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2555 users online. 152 members and 2403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X