300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background time frame

I'm currently in backgrounds with the L.A.S.D.. I have met one time with my background investigator, but i have not heard from him in 4 weeks. When we spoke, he told me he was investigating over 40 plus applicants. Can anyone please provide me with a time frame as far as my first meeting with my backgrounds investigator to the lie detector test, the psych exam, etc... I have already taken the cooper's fitness test. Thanks for responding.
    Last edited by LASDwannabe; 09-12-2005, 10:56 AM.

Do a broad search on this forum and you will find your answers since this same subject and question has been brought up a lot. If one investigator has 40 applicants, it can take anywhere from 4-6months and then if you pass that is when they may send you for a pysch,poly. They are not going to waste their money if your background is not complete.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

alas, the mighty irish, who knows all about every agency has arisen.

Comment

Originally posted by ME1998
        alas, the mighty irish, who knows all about every agency has arisen.
        Hey bra, listen its common knowledge that most agencies such as LASD do take about 6 months for the background, if not the entire process. So be it as you seem to dislike me so much, thanx for giving LE these days such moral support. Maybe you can get off your [email protected]@ and go vol. in the Gulf..or thst too much to ask? All I was doing was helping the lad out by giving the advice that people come in here for. Either you live with it or just not comment in these forums!

Anyone else care to take a low-blow at me go right ahead, fire at will my friends.
        Last edited by irishlad2nv; 09-07-2005, 07:58 PM.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Also, why as a student (in reference to me1998) are you posting on these forums anyway?

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
          Hey bra, listen its common knowledge that most agencies such as LASD do take about 6 months for the background, if not the entire process. So be it as you seem to dislike me so much, thanx for giving LE these days such moral support. Maybe you can get off your [email protected]@ and go vol. in the Gulf..or thst too much to ask? All I was doing was helping the lad out by giving the advice that people come in here for. Either you live with it or just not comment in these forums!

Anyone else care to take a low-blow at me go right ahead, fire at will my friends.

Comment

A few of my buddies over at LASD told me they are putting guys into the academy before even finishing their backgrounds so it could take significantly less than 6mo. They need guys bad, very bad. Btw, check out my CA POST site w/ all my notes on it from my academy. All CA POST academies have the same tests so the notes are good all over the state. Check the files section.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
              A few of my buddies over at LASD told me they are putting guys into the academy before even finishing their backgrounds so it could take significantly less than 6mo.
              PK - You sure about that. I heard that they were only doing that for the reserve academy. If they were booted for BG issues they still had a job.

Comment

One of their dispatchers told me, I have no 1st hand experience, LAPD used to do the same thing so it is quite plausible.

Originally posted by richjorg
                PK - You sure about that. I heard that they were only doing that for the reserve academy. If they were booted for BG issues they still had a job.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4880 users online. 291 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X