300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Blindness in Chicago

I am despratley struggling to become a Chicago Police Officer. I thought the hardest part would be simply dealing with everyone asking me why and telling me to be a fireman instead. Or telling me every single horror of the job and never a positive thing. But just recently ive heard that chicago has a colorblindness test for all new recruits. Bummer. Im red-green colorblind and i know that this topic has been brought up before. But i was looking for more relevant information. Such as direct information about being a CPD or a cook county sheriff. Do they allow the usage of the x-chome lens? do they really work? How strict is chicago about its colorblindness? Does Cook county sheriff have one? Ive made tons of calls to both PD's and half the people dont even know what colorblindness is. They just keep transfering me. Its really a bummer. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave

Color blindness

Dave, you need to talk to the Recuiter at Chicago PD, or the Cook County S.O. Most of us on the forum could only guess(That includes me) at what CPD's policy regarding color blindness might be. I view it as a potential issue, but one you should certainly discuss with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6604 users online. 336 members and 6268 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X