300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Oral

Hey,first time posting,been reading for a few months. I have a question regarding LAPD oral, any tips on what will be discussed? I know it varies for each cycle and right now I am studying on the history, divisions and values.
    Also, would it be wise to give a copy of some letter of rec. to the oral boards, I have one from my unit XO and another from a LAPD officer???
    "In God we trust, all others we monitor"

Have you taken the written yet? Their was a beat officer at LAPD who used to offer a class on the LAPD oral for 25 bucks over at the New Otani Hotel downtown. His class was worth it's weight in gold. Try to find out if he is still offering it. He had a flyer posted at most of the stations.

For your other CA LE questions and study guides, go to my website.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thanks pkagel,I will look him up. Just past the written and pre-lim background, oral is scheduled for Tuesday so if I can get in a class this weekend,I will

Comment

Hey NYerinCA.....good luck on your oral. I am going in for my oral Sept 12th. Kinda nervous about it. Gonna try out one of those prep classes also. Let me know how your oral goes. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Thanks garfield and good luckon yours.
          What are you doing for research right now?

Comment

Thanks....i search all the LEO sites. http://forums.***************/, leolounge.com, and of course this forum. I am also going to attend an oral interview seminar in L.A. at the Parker Center Auditorium next wednesday. A lot of ppl have said it helps.

Comment

THanks again garfield, looked through the website., pretty good stuff, between that site and this,I got some real good advice from everyone

Comment

you're welcome......did you check out leolounge.com also? hey....if everything goes well, we might be in the same academy class. maybe i'll see you around.

Comment

You guys might also want to go and visit with a recruiter. I did and he prepped me and gave me a lot of valuable information and some packets. He was extremely nice and I think it really helped. All I have left is the oral psyche and my background to finish up, knock on wood.

Good luck!
                  "The handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll strech out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

Good Luck on your psyche JrmcC, I have been talking with a few cops within LA and outside on my oral prep,but since my oral is Tue,no class time for me.
                    JRMcC,when did you start the process? I know they are trying to rush a good size class in?

Comment

Garfield
                      Yeah,I was on that website,leolounge,received some good feedback. yeah,hopefully we both make it and get to the same class

Comment

I took the written at the beginning of June. Supposedly I am cruising right along. My BI is shooting for me in the Oct class if I make it (knock on wood).
                        "The handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll strech out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

Took the oral boards yesterday, think I did ok,but we will see in a few weeks. They scheduled my phyiscal and background interview,so hopefully that means something.

Will keep you updated

Comment

thats great......did they ask questions regarding your backround?

Comment

nothing pertaining to my background per se. I was asked to give an example of leadership situation;times when I disagreed with my supervisor and what I did and then situational questions pertaining to work. Oh yeah, they opened up with why do you want to work with lapd

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4323 users online. 199 members and 4124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X