300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do you want to be a cop ?

this is such a big question at an interview. i was wondering if we can put up good responses to a question like this and any other questions/answers you may come up with

Why I want to be a COP? WOW, I love missing the holidays with my family...
    I love missing my sons first day, first award, first anything at school...
    I love working rotatiing shifts...
    I love when people spit at me and when children as young as 4-5 throw waterballoons at my patrol car...
    I love not making enough money{at least right now} to pay the bills...
    I love driving around in a dirty old smelly {smells like CHEW } and wearing about 25 punds of stuff that my back constantly hurts...
    I love BEING A COP......
    I was at a local sandwhich shop a few months ago and was telling the kids behind the counter about all the negatives that go into being a cop, like above How its a thankless job, long crazy hours. blah blah blah. Just than an older lady customer was leaving the store and she turned to me and my partner and said " you guys probably dont know me but years ago you guys{ref. to A cop} helped me with my sick and dying husband, THANKS"""
    Thats what I love about being a COP. the One thank you in 1,000s of contacts....This might or might NOT help you but its a start.
    I got nothing for now

Comment

wow you cant pay bilss. you need some OT . over here OT will pay anyones bills

Comment

Excellent reason and good story. I often wonder the same thing to myself, and just when your feeling that way, BAM you get a reality check. How about when you go on this post and see all the people that would love to have your job. I feel that a simple answer to that question would just be, to be able to give back to the public. To be able to be proud of what you do for a living, and have your kids look up to you as a rolemodel....

Comment

edited, wrong response
          Last edited by e-man; 09-02-2005, 12:20 PM. Reason: wrong response
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Why be a cop?

Forget the standard oral board answers that veryone knows. The reason most people want to be a cop is they REALLY DO ENJOY the 1 or 2 situations in a week,month or year that prove it all worthwhile. They enjoy the few moments of action, the 20 retirement, the modest wages,that while it doesn't make them rich, it does assure an income. They are "A" type personalities that genuinely enjoy doing,no matter how risky, things other people only read about or see on TV. They feel a need to "put out" and make some sort of difference, no matter how small. And at the end of the day, when they come home to their family they like knowing that no matter how busy or slow the day was they earned their pay simply by putting on their uniform.

Comment

Comment

Hemicop

Your my hereo, That's kinda what I said in my oral board. I want to become a cop just for the simple fact that reguardless of your day, you know that some little kid or high schooler will look at you and respect your position. I remember one moment when I was coming home after doing an off duty position, and I stopped a local rest. to meet my family for dinner, and I was in full uniform. I saw a little boy walk past me holding his mom's hand, he was soo mesmorazied by my uniform and gun belt, he walked into the back of his mom because he was too busy staring. When I said hi to him, it made his day. His mom looked at me and said "he loves cops, and thank you for all you do" from that point, When I put on my uniform, that's all the difference to me.

Comment

i would say i have the capabilites to be a leo

Comment

Dang school bullies picked on me nonstop so this way I wanted to get back at them by pulling them over. Now that I have badge I can flex my muscles around and be tough person. Discounts at donuts shops, hearing little kids cuss at me nonstop and civilians telling me I pay your salary BS. NOT!

I wanted to serve and protect my community, and this job is something that I've always wanted and strived to achieve. Mentality and personality wise, I believe that I am perfect match (etc), I can deal with different nationalities/races/genders of people without showing to be smart alec nonstop. Good communication skills. Always wanted to be hero to my little niece and have little kids look up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyGirl233
                      Dang school bullies picked on me nonstop so this way I wanted to get back at them by pulling them over. Now that I have badge I can flex my muscles around and be tough person. Discounts at donuts shops, hearing little kids cuss at me nonstop and civilians telling me I pay your salary BS. NOT!
                      you forgot cause you get to drive fast and beat people up, and get paid to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                        you forgot cause you get to drive fast and beat people up, and get paid to do it.
                        Oh that too and dont receive tickets *snicker*

Comment

Originally posted by rider25
                          this is such a big question at an interview. i was wondering if we can put up good responses to a question like this and any other questions/answers you may come up with
                          this is my reason

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

albert einstein

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

edmund burke
                          All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4237 users online. 239 members and 3998 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X