300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D/Q letter with no reason giving!

Hey this is my first post. I recently applied for a police officer position at a Metro Atlanta county. Long story short, I was disquaflied. The letter said that one reason was for my employment history and the other information found in my background makes me unable to apply for that department again. The concern I have is will other counties/cities find out about this and D/Q with out looking into my background. My questions are what in are somethings that would D/Q with employment history. Also what are some things that would get you kicked out of the process for good. I am an honorable discharged veteren with no trouble when in the military and I have a degree in business. No crimial history and my last traffic was over five years ago. Never been fired and never left a job with out 2 week notice. Oh, and I have never touched or used an type of illegal drug. Also, what tack should I use to find out excatly what got my D/Q.

Many depts. will not tell you the reason why. Here you sign a form understanding that they will not tell and you will not ask. Dpets. may share information but that doesn't mean you are DQ'd from anyother agency.
    It could almost a million reasons why, just apply again.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Reason for Editing.
      Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 04:31 PM.
      Work smarter not harder!

Comment

Hey thanks for the help. Just a minor setback.

Comment

Originally posted by muscleolot
          Hey thanks for the help. Just a minor setback.
          Recieving a DQ isn't a setback, it's a normallity. I'd say about 90% of people applying these days are DQ'ed from at least one department. All departments have different standards. Just apply elsewhere.
          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Dq Not Kiss Of Death

You get dq'ld 3 or 4 times then worry but also do a basic background evaluation on yourself or hire an investigator to do one.
            I scored a perfect 100% on the first test I took and passed everthing with flying colors and still was dq'ld because the Chief and my dad could not get along.

Comment

////////////
              Last edited by Harleydude; 01-12-2006, 08:28 AM.
              Just the facts ma`am, just the facts.

Comment

Hey this is my first post. I recently applied for a police officer position at a Metro Atlanta county. Long story short, I was disquaflied. The letter said that one reason was for my employment history and the other information found in my background makes me unable to apply for that department again. The concern I have is will other counties/cities find out about this and D/Q with out looking into my background. My questions are what in are somethings that would D/Q with employment history. Also what are some things that would get you kicked out of the process for good. I am an honorable discharged veteren with no trouble when in the military and I have a degree in business. No crimial history and my last traffic was over five years ago. Never been fired and never left a job with out 2 week notice. Oh, and I have never touched or used an type of illegal drug. Also, what tack should I use to find out excatly what got my D/Q.
                Sorry to hear that.. What county?? I live in the Metro Atlanta area and I have applied to a few local counties.

Comment

You basically have a right to know why. They should tell you if you approach the question like you need to know why so you can correct the problem so it won't hurt your application in other areas. Be sincere and don't act like you're going to sue them because you didn't get hired etc.

Comment

DQ letter with no reason given.

It's probably going to be a whole easier to apply to another agency than to get the one that DQed you, to tell you why. Some do, some don't. I understand fully, how you feel, but I'm advising you not to give up. If your record is as you claim it to be, and it sounds pretty good to me, I'm certain you'll be accepted at another agency. Keep trying, and good luck.

Comment

Thank you for all the help. It is the only department I wanted to try out for in Metro Atlanta. I will find out the issue was and resolve it. I think the reason I got DQ was because after I left the military I had a few part time and temp while I was in college. For the extra beer money.Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
                        Sorry to hear that.. What county?? I live in the Metro Atlanta area and I have applied to a few local counties.
                        Its probably Dekalb Co. or Cobb
                        Last edited by jcallen12003; 09-09-2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

When I first got out of the military..had quite a few temp jobs within my first year and if this is the case explain on your application.

Comment

No that sounds like Gwinnett County P.D. or Gwinnett County S.O.
                            either way that is bull.... like I have said before Georgia is a will to work state and because of that departments can discriminate against you and that is exactly what this is . Give me a break D.Q. somebody because they had a few part time jobs and this guy served his country in the military. Look screw that department you dont need them apply some where else . You can find out why they did not hire you under the open records act it will **** them off when you ask for it but dont worry about them do what you have to do good luck.
                            STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6312 users online. 333 members and 5979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X