300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sac Sheriff

I've put in an application for a Deputy Sheriff Trainee position with the Sacramento Sheriff's Department. In order to get the job, I'll have to go through the normal hiring process as if I were applying for a regular deputy position. I haven't recieved my test dates or any word yet on when to begin anything. I submitted my application in June, the cutoff date was Aug 25. What should I be preparing for? I've been reading up on the oral boards and some of the other tests that will be coming, I've been running and doing general workouts to get into better shape for my physical tests. What else should I know or be aware of? Can anyone give me any advice, tips, anything specific for Sac SO which I should know? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by SrgMagnum
    I've put in an application for a Deputy Sheriff Trainee position with the Sacramento Sheriff's Department. In order to get the job, I'll have to go through the normal hiring process as if I were applying for a regular deputy position. I haven't recieved my test dates or any word yet on when to begin anything. I submitted my application in June, the cutoff date was Aug 25. What should I be preparing for? I've been reading up on the oral boards and some of the other tests that will be coming, I've been running and doing general workouts to get into better shape for my physical tests. What else should I know or be aware of? Can anyone give me any advice, tips, anything specific for Sac SO which I should know? Thanks in advance.
    Get ready for a tough physical agility test. Sac Sheriff's is probably the hardest I've taken, but when I passed it, so did everyone else. So it's certainly doable.

Other than that, there's nothing unique to Sac County than to any other agency, besides that when I applied, you do the physical agility, poly, and then the background, and then the oral board, etc.

I don't have any first hand experience there, but I heard Sac County runs a tough academy, too. Not only physically, but mentally/emotionally. When I was there to take my agility test, I overheard some recruits talk about how one of their classmates got dismissed for not having a nametag.
    *Not a cop*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6355 users online. 376 members and 5979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X