300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Personal & Social Reference

I was just wondering what the difference is between a personal reference and a social reference. I am filling out some BI paperwork that is asking for both.

Thanks!

I asked an officer this on a ride along, she said "Personal references are work related or professional; like teacher or boss. Social, are like your friends, who you hang with on your down time away from work or school." She also said becareful who you list as social, you don't want to put friends that abuse drugs only because it could put the wrong impression on you. Hope that helps.

Comment

It says for Personal References: "Give three references (not relatives, fellow employees or school teachers) who are responsible adults of reputable standing in their communities", and for Social References: "Give three social references, not in law enforcement or not listed in personal references." I guess I'm still confused.

Comment

Well, i'm confused now too, it must be a department to department thing with how they view personal or social. I guess what throws me off is the 'reputable' part of the requirement; like a family physician or something like that. But it doesn't say you can't list a boss or supervisor, just not employees (other cashiers, burger flippers, what ever you do). Have you ever interned anywhere before where you can list your supervisor? Sounds like you can list police officers who could put in a good word for you under the personal section. Social reference could be 'fellow employees', like I said earlier, people you associate outside of a work (i hang out with my fellow employees outside of work) or school environment, Friends, neighbors, etc...That give you a better idea?

Comment

The funny part is I'm already in LE. This is just for a part time job with the Department of Natural Resources. But I have to go through the process just like everyone else.

I received an e-mail back from them and they say Personal is someone you know like a friend and Social is someone you hang out with. But I can't use any LE references?? They have a whole different section just for those references.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5422 users online. 320 members and 5102 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X