300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about future as an LEO

Im going to school now to get my associates .. then off to the academy. My questions I have is .. commen sense would tell you the more expierence the better. So I was thinking about applying for a couple positions @ the county sherrif's office. Central dispatch, corrections in the jail, they have a marine program(seasonal) and then the reserves. Does any one have any pro's and/or cons to any of these .. our any other positions I should look into. Records .. traffic violations, ect. Also what type of info should I include on my resume when applying. I have a letter of recomendation from one of the local deputies whos a close friend of mine and Im slowly trying to get in close with the sheriff.

Also .. Im not very educated when it comes to firearms .. did some shooting when I was younger but thats about the extent. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to buy a hand gun and do some practice shooting just to familiarize myself with a firearm ( im 22 ) or will I pick up alot of that in the academy .. along with the basic medical training.

any advice would help .. thanks

Don't worry about the handgun part, they will teach you all you need to know. The more experience you have the better your chances, especially in fields directly related to law enforcement. The marine thing if it is working with a marine deputy is a good one, so is being a dispatcher.
    Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

yeah I had the sheriff personally tell me it would be a good thing for me and a good way to get to know him as well .. thanks for your advice

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5434 users online. 319 members and 5115 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X