300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info - S.W.A.T

I'm new to this website's so if my question is in the wrong spot just point me in the right direction.

I'm wondering what the requirements are for entering a S.W.A.T team in general? Are there any limiting factors to even being considered beyond what a normal person would know (physical fitness, height, weight)?

I've been interested in this field for a very long time. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't influenced by movies and video games, but I can see that it was just that...movie drama and video game hype. It's a needed service, a tough job. I'm very serious in becoming someone who does this job and have been working towards it since I was 16 (I'm 18 now).

I run everyday and work out every other without fail. I've also enrolled in a SUNY Community College (New York) for Criminal Justice and am currently looking for other outlets of training (Martial Arts, Academi, etc). Hell, i'm even considering laser eye surgery so I can improve my lackluster sight. I have most of my goals wrapped tightly around this ideal, that i'd need to work hard to ever get what I want. Espeacially this, hopefully joining the police force then becoming part of S.W.A.T. It sounds very cheezy but it gets me by.

I remember watching "Modern Marvels: S.W.A.T" on the Discovery channel, this guys talking about when he was fist asked to join and why he wanted to. He said, "If i'm gonna be a bear I wanna be a grizzly bear". That about sums it up.

With all this in mind i'd do anything and everything to get to that position. What are my chances regardless?

Any info on this subject, like a website or manual, please share or point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

Reason for Editing.
    Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 04:30 PM.
    Work smarter not harder!

Comment

[QUOTE=lazycop]Well the way it would work here.
      Wait 3 years till you turn 21 (dont do anything stupid during that time and get a degree), apply, get hired, get through the academy, get off probation (another year) wait two more years till you are eligible for TACT (TACT is SWAT here) and hope they have an opening around that time. By this time your 24 or 25 (6 or 7 years from now). There is a month long try out that the majority of officers don

Comment

Originally posted by Gertz
        I'm new to this website's so if my question is in the wrong spot just point me in the right direction.

I'm wondering what the requirements are for entering a S.W.A.T team in general? Are there any limiting factors to even being considered beyond what a normal person would know (physical fitness, height, weight)?

I've been interested in this field for a very long time. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't influenced by movies and video games, but I can see that it was just that...movie drama and video game hype. It's a needed service, a tough job. I'm very serious in becoming someone who does this job and have been working towards it since I was 16 (I'm 18 now).

I run everyday and work out every other without fail. I've also enrolled in a SUNY Community College (New York) for Criminal Justice and am currently looking for other outlets of training (Martial Arts, Academi, etc). Hell, i'm even considering laser eye surgery so I can improve my lackluster sight. I have most of my goals wrapped tightly around this ideal, that i'd need to work hard to ever get what I want. Espeacially this, hopefully joining the police force then becoming part of S.W.A.T. It sounds very cheezy but it gets me by.

I remember watching "Modern Marvels: S.W.A.T" on the Discovery channel, this guys talking about when he was fist asked to join and why he wanted to. He said, "If i'm gonna be a bear I wanna be a grizzly bear". That about sums it up.

With all this in mind i'd do anything and everything to get to that position. What are my chances regardless?

Any info on this subject, like a website or manual, please share or point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.
        Before getting laser eye surgery, I would research the agencies I would want to work for, because it might be a DQ you from certain jobs.

Comment

nothing to see here
          Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6413 users online. 349 members and 6064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X