300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take after taking the exam NYPD

I took the exam June 2005 and am hoping to get into the January 2006 academy. About how long will it take the applicant processing division to give me a call? I know my score was an 88 because I took the exam on a military base and we were given an answer key once the exam was over. So what are my chances of making it into the January academy? I don't think I will have any character issues and have completed four years in the Army and am a combat veteran. Thank you in advance to any future replies.

I dont think it has gotten any better since I took the test in 93. I scored a 98.8 and was around 11,000 on the list After the 3 diff. bureaus merged I became aboue 14,000. I got the call about oh FOUR years later. I turned them down as I was already a cop somewhere else out of state. Back then they had about 40,000 people take the test, it dwindled down to below 10,000 in the late 90s and after 9-11 it went back up. Good luck.
    Also do a sdearch on here there are still some NYPD guys around.
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
      I dont think it has gotten any better since I took the test in 93. I scored a 98.8 and was around 11,000 on the list After the 3 diff. bureaus merged I became aboue 14,000. I got the call about oh FOUR years later. I turned them down as I was already a cop somewhere else out of state. Back then they had about 40,000 people take the test, it dwindled down to below 10,000 in the late 90s and after 9-11 it went back up. Good luck.
      Also do a sdearch on here there are still some NYPD guys around.
      They're getting VERY desparate lately, what with the new 25K starting salary.

Dannumber, as long as you have a valid license, no rap sheet and 'live' in NYC with a phone number and are decently high (<3000) on the list, expect to get in. The APD is so backed up that when the last academy class started 7/11/05, 300 of the 1900 recruits still hadn't been assigned a BI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5776 users online. 332 members and 5444 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X