300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this DQ me?

I have completed everything for Orange County Sheriffs (California)

I read something on the Job Search forum that scared me.

I was asked during my poly if I had ever sold drugs. I said no. Then the polygrapher said 'Are you sure, not even second or third hand?' And I said' Uh, well, I'm sure at some point or another in High School I probably told someone about someone who smoked MJ and that maybe later on those people bought MJ from one another, if that counts' I was speaking purely in generalities, just trying to be honest. He asked me how many times, I said I don't know, I don't know if it even happened. He got mad, wanted a number, and I said I don't know, less than 5 times.

Would that qualify me as having sold?! That's pretty BS if it does.

My poly was almost 3 weeks ago. Would I have already been notified if it were a problem? I still haven't gotten word whether or not I passed poly.

I would hope not and that your honesty would count for something.
    It's a probablity it could ............... I would not dq somebody for that kind of honest answer ... and everybody knows how much I love to dq people and break their career hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouts Out
      I was asked during my poly if I had ever sold drugs. I said no. Then the polygrapher said 'Are you sure, not even second or third hand?' And I said' Uh, well, I'm sure at some point or another in High School I probably told someone about someone who smoked MJ and that maybe later on those people bought MJ from one another, if that counts' I was speaking purely in generalities, just trying to be honest. He asked me how many times, I said I don't know, I don't know if it even happened. He got mad, wanted a number, and I said I don't know, less than 5 times.
      Unfortunately your polygraph examiner probably viewed this as you giving one version of events at the start of the test (saying you never sold drugs) and then changing your story when questioned further (saying it happened less than five times.)

This is a common technique used by polygraph examiners, who are in fact trained interrogators. The examiner will probably report back to your agency that you were deceptive on the issue of selling drugs. He probably reported that you first said you had never sold drugs, but under further interrogation you admitted to doing so up to five times. If that is what he did then you are likely to be disqualified. It doesn't matter if it is true or not.

Generally speaking if you change your answers or add anything to your answers during the post-test interview you will fail because the polygrapher will interpret that to mean you lied at the start of the test.
      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Not if you donate money to Corona's re-election it wont.

I couldn't resist...he's actually a good guy and it's great department.

I don't think you've got a problem especially if you explain it when your background investigator brings it up.

If you want an update call and ask.

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone.

I'll drop Sheriff Corona some cash for the re elect ASAP

Comment

This is a common technique used by polygraph examiners, who are in fact trained interrogators. The examiner will probably report back to your agency that you were deceptive on the issue of selling drugs. He probably reported that you first said you had never sold drugs, but under further interrogation you admitted to doing so up to five times. If that is what he did then you are likely to be disqualified. It doesn't matter if it is true or not.
            Just so I get this straight. The agency will believe everything the interrogators tell them without questioning? Is this legal?

And, this question is 'out there' I know..but if that kept you from getting a job, and its not true, wouldnt that be considered slander?

Its tough enough becoming an LEO, having an interrogator to watch out for as well just seems impossible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6064 users online. 355 members and 5709 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X