300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first two oral interview scores

Hello all, how are you? I have recently taken two oral interview ( my first two ever the first one was a small Dept and the second was a large Dept ). I have a third one coming up in a week, all 3 have been for different departments, my first one I didn't feel I did well on due to being really nervous. I felt I did much better on my second one, I felt less nervous, more confident, and all around better on my answers ( except for my question that stumped me). I just got my scores 70 is considered passing I got a 75 on the first one and a 73 on the second. Obviously practice makes perfect but I'm not sure what I need to improve on. My main question though is generally how are they scored, and what's considered a good/ competitive score? And what should I try and improve on for the next one in a week?

Thanks
    Brian

This is what many orals score you on:

• Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.

• Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.

• Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.

• Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.

• Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.

• Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      This is what many orals score you on:

• Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.

• Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.

• Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.

• Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.

• Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.

• Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.

Thank you for the info. I have done well on my written and while I don't know for sure,as these were my first two ever, I'm guessing these scores aren't high enough to move on in the process?

Comment

Traditionally, 70 and above is passing. However, your written and oral scores are usually added together and applicants are processed in the order of their total combined score (highest first, next highest second, etc.).

Where you stand will depend on your position on the list, how long the list is good for and how many applicants they expect to hire during the life of the list. For example, if you are number 20 on a list which is good for two years and they expect to hire 40 people during the life of that list, they may get to you in 9 to 12 months. OTOH, if they only expect to hire five people during those two years, the list will probably expire before you are reachable and you will never hear from them again.

Where you are on the list, how long the list is good for and how many people they expect to hire during the life of the list is not a state secret, so don't be afraid to ask. Recruiting for the agency in question may not know, but HR or civil service for the city or county in question probably will know.

As a side note, with such low oral scores my guess is you are probably pretty low on the lists.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7869 users online. 422 members and 7447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X