• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advise

closed. thank you
    Last edited by RecruitMom; 08-05-2016, 06:03 PM. Reason: closed

Originally posted by RecruitMom View Post
    I am seeking advise on behalf of my 21 year old son. He has graduated LE Academy and has passed his state test. He is now in the application process and has taken two polygraph exams with both results ending up with a "Thanks but no thanks" letter. In his discouragement, he shared with me his experience. I now have a question I am having a hard time to get answered.

I would rather ask this question in a PM than in a public forum.

Thank you in advance
    OK. Give it a shot.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You can PM me if you wish.

Comment

Not to be disrespectful, but he really should be the one asking this question of the forum.
        I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by C Tucker View Post
          Not to be disrespectful, but he really should be the one asking this question of the forum.
          Relax, he's ONLY 21. I'm sure helicopter mom will figure things out eventually.....
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Hey Philip can I pm u about something?

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            You can PM me if you wish.

Comment

Don't PM I don't care about your problem.

Comment

That reply was not addressed to you.

Comment

closed, thank you
                  Last edited by RecruitMom; 08-05-2016, 06:04 PM. Reason: closed

Comment

closed, thank you
                    Last edited by RecruitMom; 08-05-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

What he was alluding to is this: your son is 21. Mom shouldn't be involved in his life to the point of trying to get him hired. If he can't figure out what the issue is, he has NO business being a cop, or in any responsible position. He needs to run his life, not rely on, or have a parent, do it for him.

Your hovering is just creating another problem for society.

Let him go.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

closed. thank you
                        Last edited by RecruitMom; 08-05-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

http://blog.dictionary.com/advice-vs-advise/
                          Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                          In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                          Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                          Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Parents need to learn when to step away. You are not a coach. You do no favors running his life, no matter how you phrase it. You are part of the problem. He's already three years behind the rest of the world.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Parents need to learn when to step away. You are not a coach. You do no favors running his life, no matter how you phrase it. You are part of the problem. He's already three years behind the rest of the world.
                              this, at twenty one he is an adult and should not need mom running or steering his life. God help him if he gets on the job, you are not going to be able to sit next to him on shift giving out life advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5269 users online. 286 members and 4983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X