Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Prescriptions

Question about the back ground check
    Last edited by MrOneTwo; 04-02-2016, 12:47 AM.
    Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

Originally posted by FNG
    Hello,

I am about to have my oral interview with San Francisco police department. I feel confident and prepared for it but have a few questions about the back ground/physical. I have been given testosterone injections for the past year from my doctor as I was my blood test where indicating that I was almost at a zero point of production in my own body. I have never bough illegal drugs but am worried that I will get a DQ if I have a blood test. I also don't want to with hold back facts or lie to the doctor as I have health insurance records that show this is how I get my prescription.

Can any of you help as I have been working towards this for years. I t has taken me a long time to get my citizenship completed as I am originally form London, England. as soon a I got my papers I signed up for the written test.

Thank again
    I don't know anything about your medical issue, but I don't see why your foresee a problem.

Is there some kind substance abuse thing you're worried about? Is it for lifting weights or something?

Is your user name your real name? Did you come to America to be a cop? Wtf is happening?

I'm too tired for this. I'm going to bed.
    Last edited by Michigan; 04-02-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

You have a prescription for a valid medical condition..............................as do many people.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yes that is my real name (rookie mistake) I have it due to a disorder/injury which has effected that production of the hormone. No substance abuse I just know that some prescriptions can been seen as DQ's just want to clear it from my mind set before the interview.

Comment

I don't see a problem, I strongly suggest changing your user name and edit your posts. Also PM those who have quoted you and ask them to remove your name.

You have the same basic info in 6 different threads. With 7 post consider having Admin deleting your account and starting over.
          Last edited by BTDT2; 04-01-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Forbes-Johnson View Post
            Yes that is my real name (rookie mistake) I have it due to a disorder/injury which has effected that production of the hormone. No substance abuse I just know that some prescriptions can been seen as DQ's just want to clear it from my mind set before the interview.
            As long as you have a prescription from a licensed physician , I don't see a problem.

Comment

Federal law (The Americans With Disabilities Act) prohibits a prospective employer from asking you about medical issues except in connection with a bona fide offer of employment. Even then, that conversation will only be conducted by a medically trained professional (doctor or nurse) who possesses the expertise and training necessary to evaluate medical issues, which is something police officers do not have. So the oral panel and your BI should not inquire into this area.

However, this does not preclude them from asking if you have ever used illegal drugs, used drugs without a doctor's prescription, or if there is anything that would prevent you from performing the duties of the position you are seeking.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you, first time on a forum so not sure of the rules. I have tried to edit my name but can't seam to find "user name" edit page/button

Comment

Well that's great as I have never used illegal drugs this is my first ever proscription in fact. Thank you for the feed back this is brilliant!

Comment

Check this post

http://forums.officer.com/t193833/#post3467640
                    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-01-2016, 09:46 PM.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      Thanks Iowa, I tried PMing but he's not activate.

Comment

I reported the post. Frank should be along soon to fix things.

OP. STOP POSTING until it's fixed.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

All sorted thank you

Comment

Edit your original post and request those who quoted you to to edit their post.

Comment

send a test PM
                              Last edited by BTDT2; 04-01-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10577 users online. 502 members and 10075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X