300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to re apply?

So I received an email a couple weeks ago from the department I applied for and they stated that they have chosen another candidate. This past week I saw that this same department is hiring again. My application and test results are good for one year I believe (I took the PAT in june of 2015). Do I have to re apply or am I already on the eligibility list?

It all depends.

Were you being considered for a single vacancy? Did the letter state your name would remain on the list and you would be considered for future vacancies? When does the list expire?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I'm not sure how many open posting were available. Me and 19 other people applied. Eligibility list is good for 1 year. So I assume I don't need to reapply

Comment

You could always ask the agency...
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Again, it all depends.

If they were testing to fill just one position and are a very polite agency, they were simply telling you they hired someone else, your name should remain on the list and you should remain in consideration for future vacancies when they arise during the life of the list.

However, with many agencies this is a polite way of saying you have been disqualified, your name has been removed from the list and you will not receive any further consideration, without actually coming out and saying those words. Choosing to hire "another more qualified candidate" usually means you are considered to no longer be qualified.

To find out what their letter really means, you will need to ask the agency in question.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
            You could always ask the agency...
            Don't confuse him
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4626 users online. 243 members and 4383 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X