300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you always get a rejection letter?

Good day everyone. I was wondering if it was common practice for departments to not even give you a "not interested" response after the final interview? I recently applied to two police departments for my first time in Ohio. Passed the physical ability, written, background ,cvsa, oral board and got to the executive chief interview for both departments. After a week went past the day they would make the decision in one department I emailed and inquired about the status, a week later got the word that I was 6th in line for two spots. I was just excited I even made it that far. However, the other department i emailed as well and have still not even received a "you suck" snail mail. I guess I figured after 6 months I would at least get that? I'm not incredibly depressed I'm still in the process for a huge department in central ohio and with my past success I figure I stand a very good chance with them. Unfortunately there is still that microscopic ray if hope since I didn't get told no yet...

I would say that MOST agencies will send out a "thanks for applying " letter to those who got to the final interview stage and didn't make the grade.

Absent that letter I would say you are probably still in the "reasonable possibility" of being hired
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The academy is middle of December that both are looking to send their new hires to with hire date being one week prior. Not counting the medical and drug screen after a conditional offer, it doesn't leave much time at all if one is still considered in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by teufelhunden88 View Post
        The academy is middle of December that both are looking to send their new hires to with hire date being one week prior. Not counting the medical and drug screen after a conditional offer, it doesn't leave much time at all if one is still considered in the race.
        That is not what I said (nor what you asked)

You asked if agencies sent rejection letters. I said most did

you then talked about being 6th in line for 2 jobs

I said that is STILL in the realm of being hired (of 4 others drop out or don't make the cut at the academy)
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It was simply a response.

Comment

It was simply a response.
            He was nice enough to send you a response back. If you don't think it was nice enough sorry, but move on.

Comment

I'm not sure how this went down this road. My first post was a question and the second was more of a statement on time constraints and basically a precursor to my initial question.

Comment

The best course is to forget about it and keep applying.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'm not sure how this went down this road. My first post was a question and the second was more of a statement on time constraints and basically a precursor to my initial question.
                  Keep this in mind. This whole thing is about "impressions". I'm beginning to suspect you didn't make all that positive an impression in your interview phases of the process. I base that view on the "impression" you seem to be making here.

Each reply you've received has been accurate, spot on, and offered in good faith. Recall please, it was you who asked.

Comment

I’m going to assume you tested with a civil service agency. People who do so are scored based on how they do on the test. Their names are then out on a hiring list in the order of their scores.

Applicants are usually hired in the order of their scores (highest first, next highest second, etc.) with one exception. Most civil service agencies are allowed to fill a vacancy taking anyone from the top three positions on the list. Some are allowed to use the top five, some the top 10, it just depends on the civil service rules of that agency. Often the Chief’s or executive interview is to determine who will be selected under that process.

Just because an applicant does not get picked does not mean they were disqualified or rejected. Their name remains on the list and they must be considered for the next vacancy when it occurs, until such time as the list expires, is exhausted or is thrown out.

If you were not selected there would be no reason to send you a letter because you are still on the list and still eligible for employment.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7350 users online. 359 members and 6991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X