300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to to my medical and I'm color blind what now

Went to my medical for correction for and couldn't pass the ishihara test. The administer of the test did get confused so she confused me but I'm still pretty sure that I wouldn't have passed if everything went 100%. I have to now take the hue 100 test and I tried last night and it is a long shot from me passing. I've never had color issues in my life so this is bothering me a lot. I don't know what to do or if I'll ever be able to get a job in law enforcement. Is there anyone here who can help me I don't know with what, I'm just looking for any direction. It is quiet depressing to go to school for 4 years and try to get in your field and be told that you have deficiencies that will keep you from accomplishing that. I just don't know what to do

Originally posted by WhyCantIFindANameThatHasntBeenPickedYet View Post
    WI don't know what to do or if I'll ever be able to get a job in law enforcement.
    If you can't pass the color blindness test you won't be a cop in most places.

Yes there are agencies out there that would hire you, but you really probably don't want to work there . Most states will not license a cop that doesn't pass the color test

It is quiet depressing to go to school for 4 years and try to get in your field and be told that you have deficiencies that will keep you from accomplishing that. I just don't know what to do
    you have a 4 yr degree............you qualify for many other jobs
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      you have a 4 yr degree............you qualify for many other jobs
      Yeah I know but this is what I wanted to do but thats life I'm just looking to see if there are any other roads to get to my goal of being a probation officer. This doesn't look promising.

Comment

Yeah I know but this is what I wanted to do but thats life I'm just looking to see if there are any other roads to get to my goal of being a probation officer. This doesn't look promising.
        While street cop might be out the window, a lot of correctional agencies will take you, depending on the extent of your CB. If your ultimate goal is Probation, you'd probably be much better served by taking a correctional tract any ways.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Probation/parole might be an option as well.

Comment

I was turned down by ny state corrections I still have a chance but it is highly unlikely

Comment

NY state is going to be next to impossible

I would look around to other states
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I just wish it wasn't like this I never had a problem with color and because I can't pass a test I don't have a very good chance of getting in anywhere

Comment

I just took my eye exam last Friday for the Phoenix PD med eval for hiring. I did not do well on the Ishihara test, so they gave me the Farnsworth D-15, and I did that perfectly. They passed me since I passed that test. It would have been a bit harder with 100 varying colors, but I am sure I would have passed it as well. My wife has always told me I was at least partially color blind...I told her we just had a difference of opinion on colors. LOL

Comment

Here is the EXACT wording for eyesight in order to be eligible to be a peace officer in Iowa

2.1(9) Has an uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20. Has colorvision consistent with the occupational demands of law enforcement.
                    Passing any of the following colorvision testsindicatesthat the applicant has color vision abilities consistent with the occupational demandsof law enforcement:
                    Pseudoisochromatic plates tests such as but not limited to:
                    Tokyo Medical College,
                    Ishihara,
                    Standard Pseudoisochromatic Plates,
                    Dvorine,
                    American Optical HRR Plates,

American Optical.Panel tests such as:
                    Farnsworth
                    Dichotomous D-15 Test
                    or any other test designed and documented to identify extremeanomalous trichromatic, dichromatic or monochromatic color vision.

Individuals with extreme anomalous trichromatism or monochromasy color vision, as determinedthrough testing, are not eligible to be hired as law enforcement officers in the state of Iowa.

Comment

I was told that they make contact lenses that correct this issue. I have struggled with it for years and has never been a issue in any job I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostleader View Post
                        I was told that they make contact lenses that correct this issue. I have struggled with it for years and has never been a issue in any job I've had.
                        If you are not a cop, you shouldn't be replying to questions in this section

Comment

Read this http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Vision.pdf

Pay particular attention to the section on color vision deficiency. It will explain why you condition is an issue.
                          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            If you are not a cop, you shouldn't be replying to questions in this section
                            Curious on how you know I'm not?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostleader View Post
                              Curious on how you know I'm not?
                              By my profile? Cause its not filled out? Yours says you are not a sworn officer, so guess I'm confused. I am normally a reserved and quite person, the reason for my post count. However, the OP had a question and I offered advice. Something that I would have appreciated had being colorblind hindered me from 1 of my 2 appointments. Former and my current one. Both sworn by the way, real badges and everything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3306 users online. 181 members and 3125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X