Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will this inhibit my chances of getting hired?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will this inhibit my chances of getting hired?

When I was 17 in high school, I bought a pair of flashing red and blue lights and placed them in my car. I used them on three separate occasions to pullover friends as a prank. Never was caught or used them after those moments. I am aware that this is impersonating a police officer. I am now 22 and a month away from graduating college. I have had relatively good behavior since and no encounters with law enforcement. How bad will this affect my chances of having a career in law enforcement?

1. Do you still have the lights?

2. Do you have a jar of peanut butter and a dog?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

And if so, when was the last time you used the peanut butter?

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        No

Yes, every Tuesday in the backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by CJGregg View Post
          No

Yes, every Tuesday in the backyard.
          Finally, someone who doesn't get their feelings hurt and gets the humor and willing to play along a bit.

Comment

From the Texas Penal Code 37.11

(a) A person commits an offense if he:
            (1) impersonates a public servant with intent to induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts; or
            (2) knowingly purports to exercise any function of a public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and court, and the position or office through which he purports to exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States.
            (b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Making a traffic stop would be them submitting to your pretended authority.

That is three felonies you admit to having committed. Impersonating an officer is not a joke; it is something we take seriously. You have made your last traffic stop.
            Last edited by Lady Blue; 04-23-2015, 10:49 PM.
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I think you'll be okay. There's the letter of the law which says you're guilty of impersonating. Then there's the spirit of the law. Its a prank, you were 17. I don't think that's who the law was intended for. Own it. Explain it. You should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
                I think you'll be okay. There's the letter of the law which says you're guilty of impersonating. Then there's the spirit of the law. Its a prank, you were 17. I don't think that's who the law was intended for. Own it. Explain it. You should be fine.
                I'm going with this. Admit your remorseful and haven't done anything that stupid since. Also get rid of the lights if you still have them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5478 users online. 379 members and 5099 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X