Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing knee support at physical agility test

Hello guys, I have two PT test coming
    Up , one this Sunday and one two Saturday's from now. This is my first time taking a PT test. When I run, I like to wear some knee support ( tommy copper knee sleeve ) while I don't need them it does help and it gives me peice of mind. Is it a bad idea to wear these at the PT test? Or does it
    Not matter. Again this is my first go around so I'm not sure what to expect

Thanks
    Brian

Originally posted by B16bri View Post
    Hello guys, I have two PT test coming
    Up , one this Sunday and one two Saturday's from now. This is my first time taking a PT test. When I run, I like to wear some knee support ( tommy copper knee sleeve ) while I don't need them it does help and it gives me peice of mind. Is it a bad idea to wear these at the PT test? Or does it
    Not matter. Again this is my first go around so I'm not sure what to expect

Thanks
    Brian

Brian, none of us here can really tell you whether of not the brace is OK. Check with the agency you're testing with. That's where you'll get the correct answer. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
      Brian, none of us here can really tell you whether of not the brace is OK. Check with the agency you're testing with. That's where you'll get the correct answer. Best of luck.
      What he said, but I'd be pretty surprised if the agency cared if you wear it or not.

Comment

As long as you clear medical --------------the agency shouldn't care
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks everyone I'll check with them it's not just one department its a regional test so a third party organization is hosting this pt test for several different agencies. But I will call them and ask, I wouldn't imagine it would be a big deal it's not a brace so to speak its a compression sleeve technically . Being in a bigger guy it does seem to help with support. Thanks again I will call and ask

Comment

If I had worn any more neoprene braces for my PT test than I did , it would have looked like I was wearing a wet suit! I passed medical, so they didn't care as long as I passed the run.

Comment

To the OP, don't worry about it. I had to wear a knee brace and was still hired, a lot of people wear them.

Comment

Just remember, the longer you use a brace, the more your body requires it, and you end up creating a problem long term.

Comment

Just so you know I have seen a guy run the 1.5 mile run in these shoes!

http://www.zcoil.com/shop/?gclid=CLn...FcNafgodI2MABg

Just make sure you can make the minimum time limit the department has. Also if you are not close to making the pushup and situp minimum requirements why show up? Walking 3 minutes into the RUN is pathetic. Showing up and doing 10 pushups when it clearly states 25 is the minimum is pathetic.

Good luck! Knee braces are used all the time. Geriatric shoes not so much!

Comment

Originally posted by 85043 View Post
                    Walking 3 minutes into the RUN is pathetic.
                    I take exception to that!

The day we did our run, we'd had a drastic overnight change in the weather. It had been in the low 70's during the day, but the night before PAT, we had a cold front move in. It got down to 35 that night, and by noon the next day it was only up to 52. We ran, but it was like breathing needles. Half the class was walking by the 3/4 mile mark. We still made it in time though.

And for the next month or so, I battled bronchitis and walking pneumonia.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post

The day we did our run, we'd had a drastic overnight change in the weather. It had been in the low 70's during the day, but the night before PAT, we had a cold front move in. It got down to 35 that night, and by noon the next day it was only up to 52. We ran, but it was like breathing needles. Half the class was walking by the 3/4 mile mark. We still made it in time though.

Lol we ran ours when it was 15 degrees out.

AND.... It was up hill both ways

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post

edited , thought op said this LMAO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1580 users online. 127 members and 1453 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X