300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Police Departments and Color Vision Requirements

I was hoping someone could give me some good info on whether a color deficiency is a DQ. Like for the Oklahoma Police Pension exam or the Oklahoma Highway Patrol?

Thanks,
    Justin

IDK about OK, but here in PA, it's a no-go. I would imagine that it's similar everywhere.

Comment

Yeah, I've called a few departments and they said it was not an automatic disqualification. I have a slight red-green deficiency. I just have a hard time with the numbered plates. I can see and distinguish between the colors. If I were to take a practical exam I would pass.

Comment

I just spoke to a woman at the Oklahoma Police Pension Physical Exam office. Most departments have them do the exams. She told me it was not a pass or fail exam. They just notify the departments of our results and its up to the department to decide.

Comment

Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Vision.pdf and read the section on color vision deficiency. It will give you an idea as to most department's concerns regarding your condition.

While these are California's vision standards for police officers, the logic and principles behind them do not stop at the state line.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I did a d15 practice test online missed 1, which is acceptable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 315 members and 4383 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X