Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made it through Basic Training then medical discharge?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it through Basic Training then medical discharge?

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I am currently in the process of applying to different police department. I have never done drugs, etc. clean records therefore I don't want to seem like I am lying on anything. This is where I get confused, I had a childhood injury (cut knee, infection) which required 2 surgeries on knee when I was around 9 years old. I never served in the military, I signed up back in 2003 (31 Bravo, MP) I went through basic training, AIT, Military Police school however in the last weeks of MP school I hurt my knee during a run and long story short, this lead to a medical discharge literally days before graduation I was bummed. I still run, bike, swim etc. I am not disabled or limited in mobility, I was just not up to their medical standards is what they told me. Will this hurt me applying? How should I explain this? Thank you everyone!

The medical discharge should not be an issue.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. As my esteemed colleague stated, this type of separation should not effect your getting hired on.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Should I even put this down on my application since I never technically served or graduated? Thanks again
        Last edited by Joshua2015; 02-07-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Sigh... READ the posts about lying!!! If you got that far, you have a DD 214 and a discharge...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Sigh... READ the posts about lying!!! If you got that far, you have a DD 214 and a discharge...
            I never got a DD214 when I discharge, they took my military ID and I was sent to out processing that was it.

Comment

If you never got a DD214, then someone forgot to give it to you. It exists and you REALLY need to have a copy of this. I doubt the knee thing is a problem but not having a DD214 is.

Comment

If you went that far, there IS a DD214.

Comment

Everyone gets a DD214 if you serve a single day. Google um.. veteran records or something. There's a records department where you can order your DD214. Should take about a week.

Comment

Like everyone said, you have a DD214. No, it should not hurt you.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Disclose EVERYTHING and you'll be alright.

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone just got my papers in the mail. Turns out that I have a uncharacterized discharge, someone told me it was like i wasn't even in the service since it did not go beyond 180 days when I entered training. So I even put this down on my application? Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by joshua2015 View Post
                            thanks for all the input everyone just got my papers in the mail. Turns out that i have a uncharacterized discharge, someone told me it was like i wasn't even in the service since it did not go beyond 180 days when i entered training. So i even put this down on my application? Thanks again everyone!
                            disclose everything
                            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Your timeline doesn't add up for the type OD paperwork. If you completed Basic and AIT as far as you did, you have a 214 with an RE code on it, plus the discharge type.

Methinks you have embroidered a bit. Be completely honest, stop trying to make things up, and you MAY survive the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3927 users online. 244 members and 3683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X