Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Police Only please! Is it a waste or not??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Police Only please! Is it a waste or not??

I don't wanna go full academy till I get some questions answered! I've done something's in my past that I think might DQ me I was 12-13 sometime around that area & yes I've smoked some pot here and there in my teen years.. But does anyone from the Independence Police department know any questions asked on the polygraph? Or do you need to take the poly because I've heard a lot of story's about the poly, I'm currently 19 & they lowered the academy to age 20 instead of 21 ️So please could anyone help?

Independence Iowa has a great police force
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

what difference do the questions on the polygraph make? the truth is the truth whether you know the question before hand or not.

Comment

Because I don't wanna go spend the money on the credits and hours for academy then get DQ'ed as soon as the poly hits.. I plan on telling the truth I just wanna go all the way to atleast the interviews

Comment

Then call the PD, speak with their recruiter or public information officer, explain your situation, and ask them if it is an auto DQ. No one on the PD is going to tell you what the poly questions are, nor is anyone on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
            Then call the PD, speak with their recruiter or public information officer, explain your situation, and ask them if it is an auto DQ. No one on the PD is going to tell you what the poly questions are, nor is anyone on this forum.
            Do you work an a department? Because if so would you mind if I pm you some questions about it, I'm not sure what number id have to call..

Comment

My colleagues have pretty well covered the Polygraph, and yes, you will do an exam if the agency requires it. Now, let's do the number of times you smoked pot in your high school days. Most agencies will allow for some use/experimentation. The magic number is usually around ten times or less. And, oh yes, this is one question almost certain to be asked on the Polygraph.

Past that, refer to the advice you've previously received. P.S. You're wise in not wishing to spend money on an academy without having the slightest idea whether or not you'll be hired.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                My colleagues have pretty well covered the Polygraph, and yes, you will do an exam if the agency requires it. Now, let's do the number of times you smoked pot in your high school days. Most agencies will allow for some use/experimentation. The magic number is usually around ten times or less. And, oh yes, this is one question almost certain to be asked on the Polygraph.

Past that, refer to the advice you've previously received. P.S. You're wise in not wishing to spend money on an academy without having the slightest idea whether or not you'll be hired.
                Yeah I wanted to be a police officer bad but I think the peer pressure I should've never have gave in to it..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Cash View Post
                  Yeah I wanted to be a police officer bad but I think the peer pressure I should've never have gave in to it..

Andrew. you really need to try to improve your writing skills. Now before you get all pizzed and mad at me, consider this. Should you succeed in becoming an Officer, you'll write far, far more than you'll shoot on the range. Your skill(s) with a firearm will pale in comparison to the skill you'll need to write readable, cogent, and coherent reports.

These reports will do far more to put and keep offenders behind bars than just about any other skills you may acquire. Now, a note on personal responsibility. Ask yourself this. Who put a gun to your head and made you smoke pot? Who chose to associate and hang out with a crowd which smoked, or encouraged others to?

We both know the answer to that one. If you haven't already started, you need to start growing up. We all own our mistakes. There may be some mitigating or contributing circumstances, but at the end of the day, our screw ups belong to you and to me.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Andrew. you really need to try to improve your writing skills. Now before you get all pizzed and mad at me, consider this. Should you succeed in becoming an Officer, you'll write far, far more than you'll shoot on the range. Your skill(s) with a firearm will pale in comparison to the skill you'll need to write readable, cogent, and coherent reports.

These reports will do far more to put and keep offenders behind bars than just about any other skills you may acquire. Now, a note on personal responsibility. Ask yourself this. Who put a gun to your head and made you smoke pot? Who chose to associate and hang out with a crowd which smoked, or encouraged others to?

We both know the answer to that one. If you haven't already started, you need to start growing up. We all own our mistakes. There may be some mitigating or contributing circumstances, but at the end of the day, our screw ups belong to you and to me.
                    This is verry true Im the one that made my own decisions, and screwed up just didn't know that the actions that I made in my past would end up making the conceptions for my future employment. I've completed my first year of criminal justice but I just wasn't to sure if I should keep going with further education and the academy or just get shot down during the poly exam, but from further notice im going to still give it a try and see how far I get threw with it. It should be a 50/50 chance that I've still got! I've stopped doing all that for years now but Thank you for the advice!

Comment

You keep mentioning getting shot down on the poly. As soon as I see someone fixate on whether or not a department has a poly, I know they are planning to lie on their background packet. Don't lie, just be honest. Do yourself a favor and finish your Bachelor's Degree (not CJ). This will allow you to mature a little and put time past your criminal behavior.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                        You keep mentioning getting shot down on the poly. As soon as I see someone fixate on whether or not a department has a poly, I know they are planning to lie on their background packet. Don't lie, just be honest. Do yourself a favor and finish your Bachelor's Degree (not CJ). This will allow you to mature a little and put time past your criminal behavior.

Good luck in your endeavors.
                        well it's not the whole deal about lieing, I don't plan on lieing because then no department would want to trust someone that lied on a poly. But thank you for the advise! Its better to have some collage credit!

Comment

Would anyone know if this would bring me down and throw red flags? When I was 17 I had intercourse with a 16 year old and to find out she was 15.. I thought my states cutt off age was 18? Anyone know if this will hold me back?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Cash View Post
                            Would anyone know if this would bring me down and throw red flags? When I was 17 I had intercourse with a 16 year old and to find out she was 15.. I thought my states cutt off age was 18? Anyone know if this will hold me back?
                            It depends on your specific state law.

In Colorado you'd be OK.
                            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I'll add that I could barely understand his writing...
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 348 members and 5525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X