300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temporary DQ and status on other agencies

So I applied for LAPD and got told to come back in a year for getting in minor trouble in the military, Facebook posts which have been deleted, and a medical collections account that has since been taken care of. The account was when I was under 18 and my mother just didn't take care of it. Do you think this will be auto DQs in other agencies?

Those will be an issue. Might not be a DQ, but will be looked at.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

You didn't specify the "trouble" in the military. While I certainly respect any reluctance on your part to reveal the nature of that trouble here, it could loom large as a negative in LE applications, depending on it's nature.

If the medical bills you mentioned have been paid, and provided you don't have any other credit or debt issues, that shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that each agency to which you apply, may view your situation a little differently.

Comment

Also, the nature of your Facebook posts, deleted or not could also loom as negative concerning your prospects. One of the constants we "preach" to would be applicants is to be very careful concerning the nature and content of any social media you participate in.

Comment

Originally posted by camtheman77 View Post
          So I applied for LAPD and got told to come back in a year for getting in minor trouble in the military, Facebook posts which have been deleted, and a medical collections account that has since been taken care of. The account was when I was under 18 and my mother just didn't take care of it. Do you think this will be auto DQs in other agencies?
          Minor trouble in the military? Anyways posting things on social media is a quick way to get fired or not get hired. Be careful on what you post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3097 users online. 190 members and 2907 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X