300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on what Degree to get

Hey guys, I'm a senior at Adna High School in Washington State and I plan on pursuing a career in the state patrol and possibly becoming a US Marshal one day. My question is, what degree would be the most beneficial for me to get? I've heard criminal justice degrees are a dime a dozen. I was thinking maybe a minor in Computer Forensics. I'm not sure what my major should be though. I want to set myself apart from other applicants. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by JLat View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a senior at Adna High School in Washington State and I plan on pursuing a career in the state patrol and possibly becoming a US Marshal one day. My question is, what degree would be the most beneficial for me to get?
    Get a degree in something YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. Something that you could use for a career (and like).

I want to set myself apart from other applicants. Thanks!

Really the only way to set yourself apart from everyone else is :

1. Get the top score on the written exam
    2. Get the top score on the PT test
    3. Ace the oral board
    4. Pass the MMPI
    5. Ace the psych interview
    6. Make an excellent impression when you meet the chief.
    7. Be real lucky and get hired
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

A minor in psych will work to your advantage if you become an investigator but like Iowa said get something that you're interested in

Comment

Finger painting ought to be the degree of choice if you truly want to set yourself apart from other applicants.

No like Iowa said find something that interests you. I've nearly completed a separate degree in meteorology which has absolutely nothing to do with my job, however I really enjoy learning about it.

Remember you're an adult and you have to make adult like decisions.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm a senior at Adna High School in Washington State and I plan on pursuing a career in the state patrol and possibly becoming a US Marshal one day. My question is, what degree would be the most beneficial for me to get? I've heard criminal justice degrees are a dime a dozen. I was thinking maybe a minor in Computer Forensics. I'm not sure what my major should be though. I want to set myself apart from other applicants. Thanks!

OK, you're first assignment is to read, and re-read Post#2. It really says it all. My next suggestion is this. Utilize the "Search Function". That's not so I (we) can simply blow you off, it's that you'll find a wealth of information and discussions on this very subject.

Obviously, your first task is to graduate from high school. Do that with the highest GPA possible. That with a view to having a realistic shot at being accepted by the college/university of your choice. Be mindful of your associates and your activities. You'd be amazed at the number of potentially great applicants who totally screw their chances up with one bad decision.

Look for opportunities to intern with a law enforcement agency. While still in high school, consider joining a Police Explorer Post if there's one close to you. Keep your nose clean, make good choices, and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            OK, you're first assignment is to read, and re-read Post#2. It really says it all. My next suggestion is this. Utilize the "Search Function". That's not so I (we) can simply blow you off, it's that you'll find a wealth of information and discussions on this very subject.

Obviously, your first task is to graduate from high school. Do that with the highest GPA possible. That with a view to having a realistic shot at being accepted by the college/university of your choice. Be mindful of your associates and your activities. You'd be amazed at the number of potentially great applicants who totally screw their chances up with one bad decision.

Look for opportunities to intern with a law enforcement agency. While still in high school, consider joining a Police Explorer Post if there's one close to you. Keep your nose clean, make good choices, and good luck.

Best advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2602 users online. 129 members and 2473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X