Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological fitness exam??

Hi there,
    I have applied to a local PD here in the Sacramento, CA area for a CSO position, in hopes of getting a police officer position in the future (Currently completing the modular format for the academy). A few days ago I received a conditional offer of employment with only the psych and medical remaining.

I was wondering if anyone has taken a psychological fitness test and what it is like? I will dress in a suit and tie, but should I treat this like another oral interview (closing statement at the end?)

For the medical evaluation, what tests will they give me, and should I dress in a suit and tie or go in casual clothing?

Thank you

Removed response as I didn't see that this was a thread from a sub forum of AAC.

I apologize.
    Last edited by adoragon; 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Two thoughts for you. Visit the Calif section of the forums. Check with the agency to which you're applying. In all probability, the pysch exam will be a written one. Best of luck.

Comment

New to this, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hayerp View Post

I was wondering if anyone has taken a psychological fitness test and what it is like?

From what I have heard, they place you in a room with a table and a pencil on one end. You have to move the pencil from one end of the table to the other using nothing but your mind.

In the other 49 states (or 56, if you are an Obama supporter), it usually means the MMPI2 or similar variation. It is a written test to determine how often you think about masturbating to pictures of your mother over the charred remains of burned kittens.

Yeah I know that is kind of gross, but just wait until you are done with it. You will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
            From what I have heard, they place you in a room with a table and a pencil on one end. You have to move the pencil from one end of the table to the other using nothing but your mind.

In the other 49 states (or 56, if you are an Obama supporter), it usually means the MMPI2 or similar variation. It is a written test to determine how often you think about masturbating to pictures of your mother over the charred remains of burned kittens.

Yeah I know that is kind of gross, but just wait until you are done with it. You will understand.
            Mine was the same as the first format even though I'm from NY. I definitely fully understood when it was done.

I ultimately failed because I could not create a force strong enough to combat the force of gravity. The pencil only made it about half way across the table. I heard most others could not even move it more than a few inches though, so maybe I should keep applying.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo1342 View Post
              Mine was the same as the first format even though I'm from NY. I definitely fully understood when it was done.

I ultimately failed because I could not create a force strong enough to combat the force of gravity. The pencil only made it about half way across the table. I heard most others could not even move it more than a few inches though, so maybe I should keep applying.
              In Iowa we use the Vulcan Mind Meld technique where we can use a partner and hopefully between the two of us we can move the darn thing
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                In Iowa we use the Vulcan Mind Meld technique where we can use a partner and hopefully between the two of us we can move the darn thing
                You better choose your partner carefully as to avoid Pa'nar Syndrome. I haven't actually witnessed the Meld personally though, only heard war stories. Apparently one time they did not have an experienced Melder "just in case", and the team was never heard from again.

Comment

When they gave me the pencil test, I looked the psychologist in the eye and said, "I can move that pencil but only if it wants to move."
                  He grinned and said, "You passed, get outta here!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6120 users online. 343 members and 5777 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X