300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionnaire confusion

Hey I'm filling out questionnaires for different police agencies and have a few simple questions.

1. Is a noise ordinance considered a criminal charge?
    2. Is a dis con a criminal charge?
    3. Is being given an ACD equivalent to pleading guilty?
    4. If I legitimately do not know my neighbors, any suggestions on how to contact them for their email addresses (one man is so old I doubt he has an email address)?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by dsplightz View Post
    Hey I'm filling out questionnaires for different police agencies and have a few simple questions.

4. If I legitimately do not know my neighbors, any suggestions on how to contact them for their email addresses (one man is so old I doubt he has an email address)?

Thanks in advance.
    Well those all depend on your state statutes and or city ordinances. Here in MN, dis con would be a misdemeanor and therefore a crime. The noise violation is a misdemeanor city ordinance where I am at and once again a crime. So that would be yes to both, but that's here. You need to research yourself on wether or not the charging authority labels your infractions as "crimes".

Comment

Originally posted by ArchwayD View Post
      Well those all depend on your state statutes and or city ordinances. Here in MN, dis con would be a misdemeanor and therefore a crime. The noise violation is a misdemeanor city ordinance where I am at and once again a crime. So that would be yes to both, but that's here. You need to research yourself on wether or not the charging authority labels your infractions as "crimes".
      Thank you

Comment

If there is a question--------------consider any time you have been charged by the police as a criminal offense. you will never go wrong in the eyes of a Background Investigator

Reference #4 Don't bet on the old codger have an email address...............my 98 yr old neighbor does........
        If you don't know, explain that on a seperate sheet of paper and reference the question number so the BI can follow up
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          If there is a question--------------consider any time you have been charged by the police as a criminal offense. you will never go wrong in the eyes of a Background Investigator

Reference #4 Don't bet on the old codger have an email address...............my 98 yr old neighbor does........
          If you don't know, explain that on a seperate sheet of paper and reference the question number so the BI can follow up
          Thanks for the advice Iowa. Much appreciated.

Comment

This may seem really weird.... But maybe you could try to knock on their doors and ask them in person!

And if that freaks you out perhaps a reevaluation of your intended career choice is in order. You're going to have to talk to ALL kinds of people on this job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Recruit View Post
              This may seem really weird.... But maybe you could try to knock on their doors and ask them in person!

And if that freaks you out perhaps a reevaluation of your intended career choice is in order. You're going to have to talk to ALL kinds of people on this job.

Yeah haha, I did that the other day. It was weird to ask them for something personal since I only know em in passing

Comment

Yeah haha, I did that the other day. It was weird to ask them for something personal since I only know em in passing
                Good. As long as you let them know why and what your goal is with the information they should understand. Keep plugging away and get whatever info you can that your desired dept asks for. Good luck

Comment

These answers will vary depending on your area.

Around here noise ordinance would fall under a city ordinance violation.

In NY (unsure if changes in NYC) disorderly conduct is a violation.

When it comes to a BI, conditional discharges will still be looked at.

I ran into this as well when I was going through the hiring process. I informed my investigator that I really wasn't in contact with my neighbors and he took it from there.

Thanks in advance.
                  As stated above, any type of police action (noise ordinance, discon) will all be scrutinized as "offenses" by the background investigator. Just be honest with him/her to the best of your ability.

Comment

Good. As long as you let them know why and what your goal is with the information they should understand. Keep plugging away and get whatever info you can that your desired dept asks for. Good luck

I would have told him to pound sand. If I don't know him he doesn't need to know my email address.

It the investigator contacted me I would be more than happy to tell them I barely knew him.............but nope no one needs my email address for that.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

[QUOTE=Iowa #1603;3589358 Reference #4 Don't bet on the old codger have an email address...............my 98 yr old neighbor does........
                      If you don't know, explain that on a seperate sheet of paper and reference the question number so the BI can follow up[/QUOTE]

He didn't have an email address but his daughter who lives with him gave me hers. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Comment

I would have told him to pound sand. If I don't know him he doesn't need to know my email address.

It the investigator contacted me I would be more than happy to tell them I barely knew him.............but nope no one needs my email address for that.
                        Your email address is less personal than your home address. If he's your neighbor he obviously already has your home address.

Thinking from Mr. Joe Citizen Neighbor's point of view, and not Mr. LEO Neighbor point of view that you do have, it's silly to not give your email to the pimply face next door kid with a police application in hand. JMO.

Comment

Your email address is less personal than your home address. If he's your neighbor he obviously already has your home address.

Thinking from Mr. Joe Citizen Neighbor's point of view, and not Mr. LEO Neighbor point of view that you do have, it's silly to not give your email to the pimply face next door kid with a police application in hand. JMO.

Whatever.....................I would not have done it. I don't know most of my neighbors and I don't wish them to have my email address.........end of story

Comment

Whatever.....................I would not have done it. I don't know most of my neighbors and I don't wish them to have my email address.........end of story
                            To each their own. Everyone has their quirks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5435 users online. 307 members and 5128 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X