300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game over part 2

I recently had some feedback regarding my release from FTO. My command found me to be timid and too nice for the position. Also they didn't have the time and money to help me adjust. Moreover they didn't want me alone where others could get hurt. It must have reflected in my grades and subsequent psychological exams. I am glad I got the feedback. also thank you for your feedback as well

OK, it's been noted to you, but there's no disgrace in your not becoming a police officer. I'd personally stand about two chances with a symphony orchestra. Slim and None. Put your talents and strengths to work in other areas. Best of luck to you.

Comment

So your not an officer... there is something out there for you. Try to focus more on the positive aspects than the negative. Find something that interests you and go for it!
      sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

A friend of my wife's failed FTO, she was apparently overly analytically and couldn't make decisions fast enough, but she became a dispatcher. Their flow-chart processes help keep her on track, and her high attention to detail is useful.

There's always something out there. If you want to stay in LE have you thought about CSO, or peripheral LE jobs like bailiff or court marshal?

If you want to change your attitude and outlook, work as a detentions deputy or officer for a few years... that will wash the nice right off.
        Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-23-2015, 02:47 AM.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          OK, it's been noted to you, but there's no disgrace in your not becoming a police officer. I'd personally stand about two chances with a symphony orchestra. Slim and None. Put your talents and strengths to work in other areas. Best of luck to you.
          Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
          A friend of my wife's failed FTO, she was apparently overly analytically and couldn't make decisions fast enough, but she became a dispatcher. Their flow-chart processes help keep her on track, and her high attention to detail is useful.
          As my knowledgeable colleagues have noted, strengths vs weaknesses and finding ones' own niche are key. I would rather be a great accountant than a mediocre road officer.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Thanks guys. I want to give the field of law a go. I still have a passion for LE so maybe federal...

Comment

Cool so there is a chance of me working as a civilian in a pd?

Comment

Originally posted by ILconfidential View Post
                Cool so there is a chance of me working as a civilian in a pd?
                Yea you could be dispatcher, work in records, work in a jail, etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 292 members and 5337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X